What Forex Brokers does Elite trader actually rate positively?

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by GabbyJay, Jul 17, 2009.

1. GabbyJay

GabbyJay

Okay, well anyway what do some of you think I should do for 400:1 leverage for finding a good forex broker?

#11     Jul 17, 2009
  2. 400:1 ain't enough, you need at least 700:1

By the way how's your 'friend' Jay doing lately, I see someone run over his head with a lawnmower :D

#12     Jul 17, 2009
  3. FForeman

FForeman

4. IB is the best broker to me.
    But for forex I would suggest to stick with (cme) futures (traded through IB).

I gave up with forex with IB. Had too many problems with the size/value contraints and the idealpro/ideal dicotomy.

Also seemed that if you are left with some unfilled under 25K, your automated strategy runs into troubles, because the minimum idealpro size was > 25K. The usual justification I heard was that it is intended for trading the millions. But anyway, one can remain with small (<25K) unfilled even if he trades millions.

I have quit trying forex with IB because of the many (to me absurd) constraints, and also because cme is not the wild west and futures seems more reliable. Anyone knows if the situation has improved or has comments on that ? I would not mind being able to use my preferred broker for forex too.

Tom

#14     Apr 22, 2010
  5. there's no such thing as a "rigorous E.T high standard of quality" —
    only individual's opinions
    FXCM states: "Over 150,000 live accounts trade through platforms offered by FXCM" -
    if 1% of FXCM clients posted their reviews there'd be 1,500 individual posts, so you're
    seeing a Very limited sampling of reviews

Alpari, FXCM, Oanda

#15     Apr 22, 2010
  6. rogueRED

rogueRED

no its not, with 100% certainty.

#16     Apr 22, 2010
  7. I can understand why someone would trade some of the crosses using FOREX or if they trade very small or very large size but if someone trades the Euro or another active CME traded contract in modest size (20 contracts or less on the Euro 5 or maybe 10 on the others) why would anyone chose to trade FOREX.

Most end up trading heads up against their "agent" (not all but most), you have increased counter party risk ... and for what upside?

Very few guys are doing carry trades as a retail account so where is the FOREX edge?

I'm not trying to be argumentative or act like I know it all. If I am missing something I would love to know.

#17     Apr 22, 2010
  8. cstfx

cstfx

It was when the posting was made. A lot can happen between July and now. But thx for updating.

Who then do they use as their fx engine? Since they clear equities thru Penson, do they also use Penson's rebranded Saxo platform for spot execution?

#18     Apr 23, 2010
  9. rogueRED

rogueRED

They were not with them back in July either or anytime in the last few years at the least - if ever. I really dont care I just wanted to correct the thread.

As for the Penson item - thats a very good point... That could be a Saxo WL, but on their site they dont really give any details at all on this and though they used Saxo in the past to offer their partners, I dont know if they have their own solution now or if its still a deal with Saxo. Anyone have comments on that?

#19     Apr 23, 2010
  10. moarla

moarla