What Foreclosure reall means .... PBS Report

Discussion in 'Economics' started by limitdown, Oct 23, 2008.

1. America...the Land of the Free..... to be stupid. However it is a catch 22 as we are also the land of the Free to be creative, entrepreurial and take a risk. So who should determine what is stupid and too risky ....such as the creation of the Wright Bros? Ultimately it is a delicate balance in allowing for failure while giving room to grow and thrive. In the US we don't really trust our government and it seems with very good reason.:(

#21     Oct 26, 2008
  2. yes, very well said indeed. However giving a 700k mortage to people who earn 300 a week is not allowing for failure but a guarantee for failure.
    One the other hand when I founded my business here in Germany and needed a credit my bank told me even if they think my business plan is great they can`t lend because of all these restrictions here so I see both sides believe me.
    Maybe a compromise would be needed. As you said, its a delicate balance.

#22     Oct 26, 2008
  3. The couple they interviewed looked like single-wide trailer material. Not even a doublewide.

#23     Oct 26, 2008
  4. not at all disagreeing with you top, only in very recent years could a borrower purchase a home with less than 10-20% down (in some cases 5%) and very strict Loan to Income ratios etc. Obviously the individual is to blame but as Greenspan put it we all thought the banks & mortgage Co's would be conservative and put their own well being and the shareholders trust 1st:eek: :confused: :mad: instead of becoming greedy and stupid.

#24     Oct 26, 2008
  5. Selling bundled loans should be illegal or this will happen again.

#25     Oct 26, 2008
  6. in Germany they think about a law that the mortage lender has to keep a certain percentage of the loan and only can sell parts of it. I think its a good idea.

#26     Oct 26, 2008
  7. very well may end up being just that,

after all, what else is left,

and we have Presiden Cheney and VicePresident Bush-II to thank for the last 8 years of completely convoluted events and realities we are dealing with, whether we like that statement or not.....

#27     Nov 12, 2008
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Hmm Debtors Prison..

New use for Guantanamo?

#28     Nov 12, 2008

9. Too small.

#29     Nov 12, 2008
  10. his board is awesome

www.ml-implode.com

that was the real ground zero as what banks were falling....i was shocked how the insight was spot on at ml-implode etc

#30     Nov 13, 2008