What Foreclosure reall means .... PBS Report

Discussion in 'Economics' started by limitdown, Oct 23, 2008.

1. I watched it today... They also had a segment on O'hare aiport and such.

2. Wow...they are only a few hundred miles from me. I may rent a big ass u-haul and load me up some computers and big screen TVs if they are free. I could sell them up here in N. CA and make a nice profit.

3. Corelio

Corelio

Amazingly sad stuff...

4. What was the issue about O'Hare airport?

5. It was a continuation of a segment concerning infrastructure. This time it was about airports. It dealth with O'Hare expansion and how there is a battle with a small community to expand (small community basically gave up) and how there is a CEMETERY encircled by O'Hare.

6. I lived in a house, still have it in fact, don't live there anymore. During the last downturn. We had 9 vacant houses out of 14 on the block. I liked it, way less traffic, way less noise... the value went to zero essentially for quite a while, no biggie, it was $300k recently, now it's about half that. Lower end housing can be very, very volatile....

7. jasonjm

jasonjm

that story is just sad

I been thinking of subprime buyers as stupid idiots who got what they deserve

but that is just plain sad, feel sorry for them.

where is the bottom in this mess.... 2011 I bet, this is just going to play out painfully

8. 8 years of doping up the American people on false hopes, failed credit, easy loans (liar loans) and such...

that is how this happened....

failure to regulate and enforce the rules and laws of business that protected us for over three generations.....

relaxation of tax credits to encourage job growth and no concern whether those jobs were created domestic US or overseas....

complete destruction of the middle class as well as destruction of their usual job haunts...

complete removal of tax responsibility as well as corporate citizen codes of conduct (essentially doing what is good for the country, its citizens and in fact its customers)...

and then picking on innocent idots and blaming all these actions upon them...

hey

4 more years,

mission accomplished

9. You nailed it.

#10     Oct 24, 2008