what factors/data shall I use to predict the movement of Crude Oil?

Discussion in 'Data Sets and Feeds' started by mizhael, Mar 31, 2010.

1. You are right. But without knowing leading or lagging, how do you predict based on these inputs?

#11     Apr 2, 2010
  2. Coolio

Coolio

That's what I do ... I run two charts ... dollar must be bearish before I go long crude.

#12     Apr 2, 2010
  3. How do you use this for confirmation?

#13     Apr 4, 2010
  4. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

#14     Apr 4, 2010
  5. If there are 5 ducks flying in different directions that does not give any information.
    But if they join in flying south and they make turns in the very same moment you know autumn is coming.

Algorithmically speaking this is pattern recognition and it is very difficult to program it. Though human brains can spot patterns relatively easily.
    The brain can be helped to be more efficient in this task by computer programs.

#15     Apr 6, 2010
  6. Assuming your timeframe is compatible, I would look at the CFTC's COTS report. Google COTS trading systems for specific ideas, but you basically look to piggy back on or fade certain categories of traders.

#16     Apr 6, 2010
  7. In the long run, oil price s dependant on money supply.

#17     Apr 6, 2010
  8. ammo

ammo

keep longer term timeframe eur/usd and dx on your screen look for turns on major supp;res and use market profile and 5 and 1q5 and 30 minute tl's for scalping

#18     Apr 6, 2010
  9. I am good at programming pattern recognition systems. I used to do facial recognition and speech recognition.

But how to use pattern recognition techniques here in trading?

#19     Apr 6, 2010
  10. I downloaded some CFTC data and throw into my neural networks to do the forecasting but didn't get anything meaningful.

Maybe I am not using the data in the right way...

#20     Apr 6, 2010