What exactly did Herman Cain do?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wildchild, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

I would vote for Ron Paul first if i thought he could win, and Newt second, but im in the camp that is going to plug my nose and vote for Romney only because i think he is the only one with a chance to win, we only have 1 shot to repeal Obama care before it gets its tentacles dug in and people will not want to repeal it once it has been there for a few years, and some voters start getting free candy.

2012 is basically the only shot at repealing it, as republicans will likely have both houses, with more seats to come in the senate 2014 which will bring it closer to the 60 which will most likely be needed, we may only have 1 shot at repealing this thing until we are stuck with a new entilement for life, so unfortunately i have to plug my nose and vote for someone who i dont even like.

Its a shame that this is what the political system in America has become.

#21     Nov 7, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

A friend of mine, who is big into politics, is of the opinion Newt would crush Odumbo in debate; better than any other GOP candidate likely would.

#22     Nov 7, 2011
  3. JamesL

JamesL

I agree and that's what I would like to see. Unfortunately, Romney is this season's McCain.

#23     Nov 7, 2011
  4. Don't we still have a SCOTUS decision on Obamacare in the works?

#24     Nov 7, 2011
  5. Wallet

Wallet

100% agree. Newt's grasp of constitutional and political matters plus the ability accurately articulate himself make him a nightmare for opponents in the debates...... Newt's problems are image related, a lot of it fabricated in years past by the MSM, which the stigma still shadows him.

I like Newt but have reservations, mainly from the lack of action from his prior Contract with America. Pubs had control but failed to force some needed changes........ Make no mistake, next POTUS' term in office will see dramatic 180 degree changes on policy or we are finished... not sure if Newt is up to the challenge, actually I'm not sold on anyone of the group in those regards atm.

#25     Nov 7, 2011
  6. JamesL

JamesL

The individual mandate is a magician's trick, meant to distract you. The real threat is the rule for businesses where they have to offer you insurance or pay a (much) cheaper fine and let the government take care of it. Which is what the left has wanted all along - a single payer system.

#26     Nov 7, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

But would Romney repeal Obamacare, repeal Obamacare and institute Romneycare National, or repeal both Obamacare and Romneycare MA?

#27     Nov 7, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Obama is a good debater but his problem is he has to support a losing position which is his own failed policies. Id imagine if Newt and Obama were debating about some random topic Obama could probably win but the problem for Obama is that he is debating where he has to support the side with an anchor around his neck, plus Newt left speaker of the house with a balanced budget, so Obama cant even use the "I inherited this" card against him. I fully agree that Newt is the best debater in the field though.

I would Like to See Ron Paul vs. Obama just as much, the thing about Ron Paul is he doesnt stand out enough vs other republicans, to the average every day voter who doesnt know much about him, (aside from foreign policy) because they all talk about how they are supposedly going to cut spending. Yes Ron Paul would go much further, but they all claim they are going to do a bunch of shit that never happens. (even though they never do) It would be awesome to see Ron Paul 1 on 1 against a person who supports higher spending and more entitlements, and big government, because then everyday voters would see a very clear and concise difference between the 2, and Ron Pauls arguments would seem even more rational, plus he would smoke Obama on foreign policy, and make it known how hypocritical Obama is to the democrats.

#28     Nov 7, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

How would the POTUS repeal any law in MA?

#29     Nov 7, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

He could go "thug" about it, "ramming" (since they like it) the change down their throat? Ok, so they're probably stuck with that turkey (that they like).

#30     Nov 7, 2011