What exactly are you here for?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nugya, Aug 28, 2002.

1. spectre

spectre

When Baron starts selling super_ego action figures (trading method sold separately), then it's time to go. (maybe not..hmm).

Seriously, you can't expect new insight all the time. With anything, there is a rhythm, and currently ET is just mellowing on a plateau. Does that mean the real gems won't turn up, definitely not. That's how it is with creativity. A spark happens then the new flow begins. In the meantime, the search database is a rich mine. The warped sense of humour from some of the posters (you know who they are...Mr Sub. and his mom!) is also enough reason to keep coming back.

p.s. I think Baron should consider getting together with a few of the gems (darkhorse etc ) and consider pumping out an ET branded book. If waxie can do it why can't you.

#11     Aug 28, 2002
  2. I have my favorite contributors and I routinely search their latest posts.

Interestingly, it seems August has been a dull or down month for a lot of traders. I wonder if this has anything to do with recent observations about ET.

An observaton I've made is...

#12     Aug 29, 2002
  3. Young man! Is this a compliment or an insult? You know I am not keen enough to get the subtleties that abound on this board. So play it straight with me, and I shall be straight with you. But somehow I suspect that "warped" is not a kind way of describing me or mine.

And BEHAVE. And don't encourage my boy to act out. You think it's funny. It most certainly is not! His social maladjustments are a clinical deviation, and not to be provoked. Would you find amusement giving a jump rope to a dwarf on stilts? This is a sick way of thinking and you should all be deeply ashamed!!!

Yours truly,
    MrSubs' Mom

#13     Aug 29, 2002
  4. Sharp

Sharp

Oh man, MrSubs mom is even funnier than Mr. Sub!

#14     Aug 29, 2002
  5. I'd say there are at least a dozen truly good proffessional traders that post on ET and I can say I have definitely learned a few things, so it keeps me coming back.

#15     Aug 29, 2002
  6. If you think she's so damn funny, why don't you try being married to her? No fun for me at all. And she's only into procreation and never recreation. And look what I got for that!!

Take my wife, please!

PapaSubliminal

#16     Aug 29, 2002

7. NO! The reasons we see this are twofold.

1. We have a bunch of losers here - figuratively and literally - that feel important by kissing someone's ass; and more importantly

2. Is that damn counter that shows the number of posts you have made. I have to think some posters like to see the their total number of posts increase. For God's sake, how good of a trader can you really be if you already have 500+ posts after only a few months on the board?

Just a few thoughts, but I agree with you!

#17     Aug 29, 2002
  8. Since this is an English message board, the least one can do is write in passably good English. There is a spell check button also to help present your queries in a clear concise manner.
    As for content, read what interests you and skim over the rest. I do not post much but I am an avid and constant reader. I have saved many trading related posts that have proved beneficial to my trading. Most of the gems as pertains to posts have already been dispensed, so if you are looking for knowledge you are about 2 years too late.

#18     Aug 29, 2002
  9. Hendrix

Hendrix

I have bought and read quite a few books on trading over the years. Some have been good, and some have been complete crap. However, I have always have the view that if I get only one good idea out of a book, then it is worth the time and the money.

Same with ET. You are not going to get "gems" every day. If you ask for help, you'll probably get it. If you want ideas, they're out there on the boards (Brandonf's opening gaps thread got me thinking about something related, but completely different which I'm investigating at the moment). If you need to know something specific, someone here will likely know.

However, as with trading books, there is a lot here which is irrelevant which you also have to wade thru - the difference is that a lot of the irrelevanices (which may or may not be a word. I don't care) are also very amusing. There's nothing like a good chuckle to relieve the stress of a difficult day.

ET is a community. As with any community, you're going to get all sorts. Accept it. Lighten up, and stop taking it all so seriously.

#19     Aug 29, 2002
  10. I think you will get out of ET what you put in.

#20     Aug 29, 2002