What exactly are you here for?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by nugya, Aug 28, 2002.

1. nugya

nugya

When I first discover ET, I was quite impressed with the recommendation and knowledge of posters here. But recently I find that there are a lot of posters here who not only don’t contribute anything to the discussion, but also with their rude, sarcastic posts are downgrading the site.

Soon or later people like me who are really interested in learning and sharing ideas of trading will move on and leave this place to these morons who have nothing else to do in their life then post stupidity.

IF YOU HAVE NOTHING TO CONTRIBUTE DON’T POST.

YOU DON’T HAVE TO POST ON EACH AND EVERY THREAD

“SEARCH ET” IS NOT AN ANSWER

COMMENTING ON SOMEONES GRAMMAR MISTAKE IS VERY RUDE. WE ARE NOT TAKING A GRAMMAR EXAM HERE. IF YOU DON’T UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION, DON’T ANSWER

ET IS NOT A PLACE FOR CHIT CHAT. IF YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS AND WANT TO CHIT CHAT, USE OTHER SITES LIKE LOVE.LYCOS

Thank you

2. Actually, it is a place for chit chat, chit chat among people of similar and dissimilar tastes.

I never learn from people who agree with me, except that they are either very bright or ass kissers.

Conflict is good in that it generates thinking, and thinking is valuable for traders. I rarely see the kind of crude name calling we see on Yahoo boards, so sophisticated banter is not disturbing to me.

Traders are often so wired up, they need a laugh and a diversion during the day......a break in the tension.

Perhaps you can just enjoy what you like and ignore the rest, is that possible?

Would you really WANT A SITE WHERE EVERYONE THOUGHT LIKE YOU AND POSTED THE SAME WAY YOU DO!!!

Personally, I get a bit tired of ditto head mentality.

But that's just me....

3. Biomech

Biomech

I agree with most of what you are saying.

I gotta say, ET is losing its edge for me. There are alot of people that post here that have good knowledge to share, but it seems most of the time they are more interested in feeding each other's egos (do we really need posts that just say "LOL"?) or seeing how many different aliases they can dream up. I have been spending more of my time on other boards or just doing research instead of coming here. There are maybe 1 or 2 threads a day here worth reading for me, and it seems to be dwindling as time goes along.

Maybe it's just me.

There is one thing I disagree with you about. "Search ET" is a perfectly valid answer. I see a couple of the same questions fly by once a week. If you aren't willing to put in a little work to answer your own question, why should someone else put in the work to help you?

4. i'm just here for the beer:D

5. killing time ...

6. lescor

lescor

You haven't spent much time on internet message boards have you? They all eventually degrade somewhat, it's probably got something to do with human nature. ET has held up better than any other I've seen.

7. rcreal

rcreal

Since this board is just an evolved USENET group, why not have a FAQ or beginner's guide created.

Maybe Baron could setup an email to go out to newly registered individuals pointing to the FAQ/beginner's guilde.

8. mgkrebs

mgkrebs

Little uppity after a mere 42 posts.

9. Publias

Publias Guest

I'm with you Nugya this place SUCKS lately!!! :( :mad:

10. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Email me or send me a private message of the members that you feel are acting inappropriately on a regular basis. That will be a huge help.

#10     Aug 28, 2002