What ever happened to these traders?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by CasperCRF, Aug 18, 2009.

1. HaHa, it's actually true. I got a text message several hours ago from a friend who still frequents Elite and he told me there was a thread where I was being brought up.

Yes, I'm still a trader and trading ES. Took a bit longer to get consistent than I anticipated but I worked my butt off to make it happen. Things have been going great. I really do miss the trading floor environment. Trading from home is lonely and, though I do not need to have traders around to trade well, I miss the comraderie. But other than that, I have to say that leaving stock trading when I did was a really good move for me [risky at the time of course].

Yes I did get married as poster Mandelbrotset pointed out. My wife is a former child actress so someone made a wikipage about her. The info in there is from the NY Times.

I may log in again to check in on this thread. Really guys, I'm just a normal guy, passionate about trading. I did enjoy my Elite time but I just wasn't feeling it anymore and at a certain point, just decided to move on.

#11     Aug 18, 2009
  2. Haha! Your wife was Ellie creed from the movie Pet Sematary, one of my favorite movie from my childhood. I had a huge crush on her! Her and the girl from the Torkelsons!

Congrats!

#12     Aug 18, 2009
  3. ok, now its sammys turn. :D

Then you can close this thread.

#13     Aug 18, 2009
  4. timcar

timcar

The name that made me LOL and whom we never heard from anymore is:

RON-INA-SAUNA

#14     Aug 20, 2009
  5. Steve,

Since you no longer trade stocks, do you think you can give some insight on how you traded so consistently? It was like clockwork, 100k shares traded, $2k profit, day in day out.

Also, did anything you leaned in stocks carry over into futures? Was the learning curve longer or shorter then what it took you to trade stocks?

#15     Aug 21, 2009
  6. NJ1000

NJ1000

Yea this is the guy I want to talk to about transitioning from stocks to futures unfortunately he is not really on the site anymore..

#16     Dec 30, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

Royalty walks among us. Who knew? :D

#17     Dec 30, 2009
  8. Here is the thing about these traders.

You have no idea what happened to them. Even if they came back on here to say they are well, you still have no idea what they went through. Most people will not admit to a loss. Instead, they will smile and say all is well.

You dont know how Steve is doing. You dont know how that Soesa guy is doing either. All you know is what they posted here for you to see. Can you tell me honestly that they did trade consistently? Where you there standing over him? Did you audit his books?

I dont know the trials and tribulations or the reasons why they disappeared. All I know is they are no longer here for whatever reason. Even if they come back to explain as to why they left, that still lacks credibility to me. In fact, seeing Steve come back here to explain tells me he is worried about his credibility and probably running some type of traders service so he is worried about getting attacked on message boards. Its funny how he said he will log in again to check on the thread? Why? Afraid that someone will put a negative remark in the thread ruining your credibility? Why you afraid of negative remarks on this little read message board?

The bottom line is dont believe all the things you read on the web. You wouldnt believe everything that is said to you or printed in the news media...would you? I dont believe Steve or the Soesa guy. They could be anyone or no one, but their words here mean nothing to me.

Why cant people simply hit printscreen and save then post it to this forum? If they took the trouble to tell us how well they did, then why cant they simply post up a brokerage ticket for us to see and verify.

If Madoff or Jim Cramer did not teach you a lesson about the financial industry then no one ever will. To a certain extent, everyone in the industry is simply full of shit for a lack of a better word. Why is it different with these guys?

Remember Ronald Reagan's old phrase? "Trust, but verify..."

#18     Dec 30, 2009
  9. vetten

vetten

retail,

you seem to be at the other end of the believing people: you already dont believe anything those traders will say.

Trust, but verify........you dont trust them at all so dont quote.

me: I`m just in the middle of it all.

#19     Dec 31, 2009
  10. People do move on. ET is a nice place to be when one is a newbie and needs to see what this day trading is all about. After a while it gets tiresome and some what boring. I miss the old dogs that used to frequent this joint back in a day when I started reading ET. Unfortunately, many have moved on. It is almost inevitable. :(

#20     Dec 31, 2009