What ever happened to the daily P/L Thread?

Discussion in 'Journals' started by ps0013, Oct 14, 2017.

1. expiated

expiated

This is probably my last post to this thread in that I think I’ve learned what I needed to know from this little exercise and it has therefore served its purpose.

ScreenHunter_6644 Nov. 03 08.54.jpg

First of all, next week, when I’m able to once again fully devote myself to trading, I will go back to looking for only 5 to 10 pips profit per trade (in most instances) as today’s trading made clear to me (as if it wasn’t clear already) that it is when using this style of trading that my results are 80% to 100% successful per day (as reflected by the above reversal in results from negative to positive once I returned to my old approach).

Second, when I do not use my old approach, it often takes more than a day before my take-profit targets are finally hit—if ever—whereas I can “scalp” 5 to 10 pips over and over again all day long to walk away from every single day with a profit (that eventually adds up over time).

Moreover, when I do not use the above reproach, it also puts me in danger of having a trade I executed based on the correct suppositions nonetheless stopped out due to the shenanigans of the market makers, who have a habit of stop hunting in the “wrong” direction just before sending price on the trajectory they actually want it to go.

And finally, the main reason for this little experiment was to figure out how to ensure that my average gains are larger than my average losses, and it is now clear to me how I can do that using the aforementioned “scalping” style of trading by simply managing my trades very aggressively.

#21     Nov 3, 2017
  2. expiated

expiated

DetailedStatement.gif

Using my old approach to guerrilla trading, it was not unusual for me to put together a consecutive string of days in which my success rate was 100%, as illustrated by my posts on October 31, 2017 and November 2, 2017.

However, on those days I only made six trades and two trades respectively. (Today I made eleven.)

Using my newer approach (MSMAE Trade Strategy) I generally have more trade opportunities, but am having to work at getting back up to a 90% success rate. I am also looking to average about 10 pips per successful trade as opposed to 5.

Had I entered today’s positions conservatively instead of aggressively, I would have missed out on one trade opportunity, but also would have experienced only one losing trade, putting my winning percentage at exactly 90% (it was 82% instead).

As this newer style of trading becomes more routine and I have more trades under my belt, chances are that I will become more conservative, thus raising my win rate.

One positive bit of news was that my largest profit trade was significantly bigger than my largest loss trade. However, my average still was not, seeing as how it was approximately 6:9—but at least that was better than what it has been recently, which was about 1:2.

Of course, the easiest way to deal with that is to have a 100% success rate, in which case, the average loss is zero.

#22     Dec 28, 2017
  3. expiated

expiated

ScreenHunter_6845 Dec. 29 00.18.jpg

#23     Dec 29, 2017