What Eurex Does Not Tell The Traders

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by THE-BEAKER, Jun 8, 2009.

1. ;-) very true

#21     Jun 10, 2009
  2. bokke

bokke

You say algos trade 97% of the volume on eurex, so in essence they are the top dogs.

Referring to the video game analogy, wouldnt these participants be more interested in outwitting the other big players as thats where the money is, rather than trawling through your trades to develop a strategy to outwit you. You say they pay big money for the data which probably wouldnt even cover the return they could get from outwitting you.

Im sure they would be more than happy for you to piggy back a trade strategy that was taking on and winning against much larger particpants, because this is a far better financially motivated strategy.

In the end profit is all they are interested in, not you sadly for your ego. You cant take what the market does as personal. If you did become big enough for you to be a financial nuisance then you too should be buying the data and competing like them.

In another thread someone refers to algos as the mcdonalds and locals as the village stores. We have reached the point where mcdonalds is only competing with the burger kings etc of the market. Local shops still exist but they have to be good at what they do.

If your argument is to do with the selling of data, other posts deal with that.

#22     Jul 1, 2009
  3. yawn yawn.

the section for the algo arse bandits is the automated trading section.

this is the section for normal non cheating traders.

do us a favour and go into that section with your algo loving posts.

#23     Jul 1, 2009
  4. garak

garak

Us? Who is us?
    :confused: :D

#24     Jul 1, 2009
  5. cashcow

cashcow

Beaker, I bet you spend all your life complaining - at least that is all I see on here. Get laid and get over it, move on.
    There are always edges, you just have to spend some time researching them. I'm sure if you found an edge in the market you would milk it - just as the algo guys are doing. No free lunch dude.

#25     Jul 1, 2009
  6. No point in arguing with the clueless Beaker. They don't have the background or experience to understand what you are saying.

But never mind all that.

The septic called you a dude. Are you going to stand for that?

#26     Jul 1, 2009
  7. bokke

bokke

I don't trade using an algo, im old school outrights. I still draw my charts!!

I think you have been looking through your algo tinted glasses too long

Theyre everywhere!!!!

Yes they can be a pain in the arse but so can some fund who decides to put on a position or close one out when youre the other way.

There are all sorts of strategies being played out over different time periods, curve, spreads, % moves, economic etc. In some ways it does not matter if it's a machine. It's just easier to get more pissed off with it. But you cant beat it (the market). So do your self a favour and try and forget about who it is out there

#27     Jul 2, 2009
  8. Selling and buying T&S is cheating now? :eek:

#28     Oct 4, 2009
  9. How about your own broker (or the clearing firm behind them) that knows when you're about to hit your forced selling point? Imagine having access to the information a risk monitor would have for one of the larger retail brokers/prop firms; wouldn't that be great information to sell to any willing buyer? Would that be legal info to shop around? Would that fall under "proprietary trade flow"?

#29     Oct 5, 2009
  10. ynox1

ynox1

I have been away from these forums for about a year now because I was bored and tired of all the whining, "oh the algos are fucking me" "the machines are taking my money" "Oh my God Eurex, I hate you!!... and the same dumbasses like A$$preader, who don't even trade Eurex products are still giving their opinion here.
    To all whining People, either trade or dont trade; markets are still moving, so there is still money to be made, accept the reality and stop whining!!
    And A$$preader, there must be an Eurodollar forum somewhere. Put a few bund trades first and then come share your opinion here. Simulator trades dont count!

#30     Oct 12, 2009