What else you would do ?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Nobert, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Nobert

Nobert

[Demo]
    [Pozitions max size $1000]

Checked few hundred stocks durin the break times , picked up the best ones imo, based on volatility and timming.

Checked the fees on https://iborrowdesk.com

For price shocks/gaps , stops placed. ( i think only few here,has those characteristics )

Both longs in downthrends, and no comments on MHI. TSLA stupid entry as well.

If swing trading $5 000/10 000 -

then

Would you include options,commodities,futures ?
    Would it be half longs / half shorts ?
    Would you watch the overall market direction ?
    Would it be a single-concentrated position instead ?

else

Would you watch the cycles of the moon and stock news ?
    ( ;D ... )

end

Thanks.

Screenshot (21).png

2. smallfil

smallfil

Are you asking someone to critique your trading? Other than noting your position size at 1% which is good, there is a lot of variables to trading. I will cite a couple. What strategies are you using to get into your trades? Breakouts, pullbacks, breakdowns, etc.? You have a couple of trades which is not enough to even measure if you even have an edge in trading. At a minimum, you should have about 500 trades and be profitable by a large amount. Your winning trades should be several times the size of our losing trades. Do you maintain a trading journal for all your trades? You have to be able to review your trades and note your mistakes. The obvious reason is to improve your trading proficiency. Trading mistakes result in losses which eats up trading capital. Do you have a trading plan on how to handle your trades once, you are in them? You have to know ahead of time what you are going to do if your trade works? What if your trade fails? That is how I handle my trades. Different traders handle trading differently. I am also, a swing trader trading options directionally for the most part. Once, in a while, I might buy a stock if I like it.

3. Nobert

Nobert

Sorry, i wasn't clear enough.

If you would start trading, with the real money, under PDT rule, with account size of 5000, how would you do it , given the fact that you got only 3 trades per week with equities ?
    Or would you go with small diversified bets, as i did now in first screen on the top.
    Below is my last 2 weeks demo results.
    Using 1/3 trading acc size*

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
  4. smallfil

smallfil

With only $5,000, you would be limited to 3 day trades. Not sure the duration of those 3 day trades as to when they would restore the day trade you use. Once, in a while, I use those day trades if I need to close out a losing position. Considering you have a small account, you should consider swing trading instead. Making monies in the stockmarket, you can an array of strategies and approaches to use and there is no one size that fits all! Make sure you use your 1% loss limit on your trades and use a stop loss.

Nobert likes this.
  5. fan27

fan27

Don't spend too much time trading (maybe some swing trading or longer term holds) and instead focus on earning money so you can have more capital to trade with.

Handle123 and Nobert like this.
  6. Turveyd

Turveyd

If your swing trading, then when your PTD 3 trades are used just dont open a position until clear.

Personally i moved to options gets around this rule,risky mind.

Then when that blew up,i went forex, futures is better if you’ve got the money.

Nobert likes this.
  7. Nobert

Nobert

What do you mean by that ?

Thanks.

8. Turveyd

Turveyd

Don't open 1 position until you've got a PDB allowance to Close a trade down same day, incase anything goes wrong, get a spike into the close you want to take, bla bla bla, realise earning is later.

Next day, if you didn't close, you can open another 1 position or upto 3.

This way, plane flies into a building, war breaks out, market crashes your SL gets hit but atleast you don't get a 3month margin ban.

I day traded stocks, so didn't work for me, too restrictive :(

Nobert likes this.
  9. Nobert

Nobert

oh i see now, 3 trades per day then it means ? Not per week ?

If so , then ofcourse, pilling up to 3 positions, all the time , keeping an option to be done with them, cuz 1/2 trades are left.

Thanks.

p.s. what kind of restrictions, made you quit from trading stocks ?

10. Turveyd

Turveyd

3 if you haven't used any day trade life lines, if you've closed down 3 trades in the last 2 days says same day, then your stuck to the first 1 goes over 5 days, before you can open a trade.

This ruined it, made you hold over night, gaps in the market pretty much ruined my profits, I used to jump on a strong stock in the am and ride it till nearly the close, the next am, news out and reversed more often than not.

#10     Feb 17, 2019
    Nobert likes this.