What Economic Recovery?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

What do you trade?

Make any call you like in advance and let's see how it works out.

I am giving $10,000 on the open on Monday 3/12. Do whatever.

#11     Mar 7, 2018
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

I'm going long calls in the amount of bullshit you are going to post in the next week. No need to send me 10,000. I'll do fine enough on this trade.

#12     Mar 7, 2018
    JackRab likes this.
  3. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

Maverick - How much did you make today? I actually pulled out to soon but ...I will put mine up against yours.

#13     Mar 7, 2018
  4. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

Dude - Just because I am not 22 does not mean I do not know what I am doing. I haven't traded in about 10 years. Back in the game now and doing well. Never hurts to give the old ones a little respect.

#14     Mar 7, 2018
    .sigma likes this.
  5. JackRab

JackRab

Brilliant conversation...

#15     Mar 7, 2018
  6. JackRab

JackRab

A 66 year old woman from Thailand trading options without understanding them for the first time in 10 years...

@Maverick74 , you're way out of your league here....

#16     Mar 7, 2018
  7. ET180

ET180

Then short IYR and XHB.

#17     Mar 7, 2018
    JackRab likes this.
  8. Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand

It is a timing deal. When? But for sure will happen. Sooner than later.

#18     Mar 7, 2018
  9. And there's more people alive today than have died throughout all of history. Both these points are demographic maxims and completely ordinary. The problem comes when conditions exist where the fundamental law of skyscrapers (cheaper to build up than out) is violated. We're getting there, but not there yet.

Most people totally overlook the relevance of demographics to the economy despite historians having made this point for as long as I'm aware (in my personal knowledge, at least back to enlightenment historians writing of the conditions leading into the renaissance).

#19     Mar 7, 2018
    JackRab likes this.
  10. JackRab

JackRab

Very good points @beerntrading !

The reasons most people overlook those things.. is because it's beyond their line of thought. Similar when traders only look at TA and nothing else... there's something inherently wrong with that idea IMO. I guess for daytrading it's fine, but still news events don't care about TA.

Fundamental drivers...

#20     Mar 7, 2018