What does your trading setup look like?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ferrycorsten, Dec 20, 2012.

1. I'd love to see what some of you guys have as far as trading setups are concerned. How many monitors? How many computers? Mac or PC? Looking to put together a setup myself, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. bathrobe

bathrobe

3. Handle123

Handle123

I find this funny as years go by. When I first using computers, evolved to sixteen monitors and six PC's. NOW I have a 17" laptop, watch 3 one minute charts, six Domes at bottom of screen. I have another 17" for backup. I went towards that less was better, concentrate on one chart and learn that well. I have cable Internet and DSL as backup. Most times am at home, but often at Starbucks, diner or even at park when I use verizon wifi

4. bathrobe

bathrobe

Same thing happened to me, went from many monitors to two, and I mainly use only one of them, other is for DOM's

5. [​IMG]

6. NoDoji

NoDoji

Yeah, same here. I have a 4-plex and I now have my DOM and the charts I use on a single monitor. :p

7. ofthomas

ofthomas

I have to agree with Handle123 and the rest, sometimes ... less is better… my setup is pretty simple… laptop as a backup (though it goes with me everywhere)… main workstation with 2x27” 2560x1440 screens… a second workstation for miscellaneous stuff with 2x24" and that is it… most people who have tons and tons of monitors, to be honest, I wonder how they focus on anything…