What does the new society organizing pattern for the world look like?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by StarDust9182, Jul 7, 2011.

1. well that didn't work. I was trying to just copy the quote where you said, "one of the few things that separates us from animals"

How do you just pick out a quote and only highlight it and make it black and then reply?

At any rate, when I quit trading I took a Biology 101 class. So you may think we are "diferent" from animals but biologists don't.

There's really nothing you can understand about "animals" that you can't understand about "us".

I'll just leave it there.

#11     Jul 9, 2011
  2. We don't need Congress.
    With the proliferation of Internet and Cell phones we can directly vote on Bills and make Laws.

#12     Jul 9, 2011
  3. RobtF

RobtF

You need to study more than just Biology 101. Here's one difference for you - animals do not feel shame.

#13     Jul 9, 2011
  4. RobtF

RobtF

Founding fathers were against pure democracy - that's why they created checks and balances.

#14     Jul 9, 2011
  5. I'm an animal, and I feel shame.

One time I went long and it went down so I went short and it went up so I went long and it went down...on and on and on.

By the end of the day I'd lost more money than I used to make in a month.

I lost all control, I was trading just like a wild animal. Now I feel shame.

So like I said, I'm an animal and I feel shame.

#15     Jul 9, 2011
  6. heypa

heypa

oldtime.
    Really great logic there and on some other posts by others.
    heypa

#16     Jul 9, 2011
  7. There was no Internet for Founding fathers.

#17     Jul 9, 2011
  8. I agree with Renegen, that one outcome is that we continue to repeat the democracy cycle, albeit with some changes. People voting directly (internet, cellphones) on significant issues is one example. Politicians will fight this side-by-side with lobbyists I think. Both stand to lose control in a true democracy. For our democracy has some votes more equal that others' votes.

But one issue is democracy is that even a party getting in, may not actually have more than 50% of the vote. Canada's recent election is an example. Is that a true democracy or not?

I have mused that they should have a ballot on every vote that says none of the above. That could quickly humble the elected officials.

Secondly, one of our biggest issues is that many citizens are apathetic or uninformed, yet their vote counts equal to others who are experts on a subject. There may be other ways to vote. For example I often wonder how a system where you were given one vote per thousand of taxes you paid might work. If your taxes are funding the monster more than mine, then maybe your say should count more.

#18     Jul 9, 2011
  9. RobtF

RobtF

You miss the point. They wanted it to be hard to change or make laws - they built in a slow process of deliberation.

#19     Jul 9, 2011
  10. One difference I was thinking of with animals is the ability to delay gratification.

A recent NOVA show was showing 3 year old humans unable to stop eating a gummy bear in the hand, even when given 5 gummy bears if it was still uneaten when the tester returned. 4 years olds seemed to be able to do this just fine. Apes (even with 99% of the same DNA) never seemed to be able to do this.

They said something like that success in life was correlated with the ability to delay gratification. I think this is true in trading in spades. The ability to have conviction in your trade in the face of troublesome price wiggles.

Co-operation for the betterment of all the tribe is better than a fistfight when a juicy gummy bear appears!

#20     Jul 9, 2011