What does SwiftTrade, Titletrading, and Others Teach you?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by qll, Feb 17, 2007.

1. lol, you obviously have no idea what the prop industry is like in Canada. Im not hiring Harvard grads, the guys are coming straight from university, generally have nothing, and their options consist of banking, investments or advising, or some other shit job.

How much money do you make a day? Im very happy bringing home 12-15k paycheques, sure, people do better, but when my parents bust their asses everyday at regular jobs for 100k a year household income, and I sit on my ass and bring home 200k CAD, i feel like im doing ok. There will always be people doing better than me and you, its a fact of life. I thought I was being nice actually honestly answering your questions, but unfourtunatly your response is that I am a shitty trader. And now you want me to tell you how I make money? Are you nuts?

#11     Feb 19, 2007
  2. ROTFL!
    :D

#12     Feb 19, 2007
  3. Exactly what I was thinking, what a yo-yo.

#13     Feb 19, 2007
  4. Fractal

Fractal

Hehe, well said.

#14     Feb 19, 2007
  5. qll

qll

i respect you. i may not pick the right words.

for educational purpose, i want to find out how could somebody day trading for millions a year, because according to my study, the big moves are very sudden. so there is not much room for profit intra day.

my study shows events not the market moves the price. so basically, when earnings and events have a trend, the price has a trend. the ups and downs during the day is too random. i don't want to use this study as an excuse for my constant loss in daytrading. i hope i can be proven wrong.

i do question your method, because i believe, if a method is not written, it could not be tested. thus it may have difficulty to be passed to other people.

#15     Feb 19, 2007
  6. Hey if it matters, I appreciate you taking the time to post. It's good to know that prop individuals like Don Bright, Mav, and yourself take time out of your busy day to post on ET.

While I have no interest in trading prop at this point, I am learning at home from an very successful trader, I wish I had known about such opportunities when I graduated 11 years ago. :cool:

#16     Feb 19, 2007
  7. Meh, im not that busy, and I would love to have close to the amount of dough Mav and Don have, we arent even close to the same caliber. Im just trying to make a decent living. lescor put it the best in a post he wrote not too long ago, something like "if you have a low to mid 7 figure stash, a nice house and enough money to buy what you want, youve got it made". Thats pretty much my goal.

#17     Feb 19, 2007
  8. jejeje... I remember the first times I was trading those thin stocks... I concluded that by placing a large order on the bid I would encourage others to buy ahead of me... It never occurred to me that some one might go... hey! just what I need to sell! [that's pretty much what happened]...

"-- because i want to take or dump as many as possible shares without moving the price much."

well, the thing with those high volume stocks is that in order for you to have the same problem with say, GE, you need to have a LOT of shares [perhaps millions...] So this approach is useful there too, but only if you're trading on a very large scale... So I guess you're right those guys are a lot more professional and you have a completely different problem when trading those stocks... liquidity, at the level most of us trade, is not a problem in those stocks

and as long as it is not a problem then there's no real incentive to figure it out... which is why those of us who have traded those stocks will usually deal with a different set of problems that we seek to answer when approaching level 2 trading...

#18     Feb 19, 2007
  9. <i>"i agree with you. indicators are useless..."</i>

That is true, for those who don't know how to use them correctly. A closed mind is an ignorant one, for sure.

#19     Feb 19, 2007
  10. Want to hear from guys who make millions a year trading... try reading stock market wizards... great book... no BS just interviews with guys who happen to make a truckload of money trading.

#20     Feb 19, 2007