What does "size" mean to you?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Bearbelly, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Curious why you even responded then. Not a problem. The five minute channel is sufficient. It is now just a matter of satisfying my curiosity.

#11     Dec 4, 2006
  2. I got about three sentences into it before I realized something was not kosher.

#12     Dec 4, 2006
  3. Let me ask a newbie question:

I don't have to interpret that kind of information in order to make profits, is it true?

#13     Dec 4, 2006

4. Good lord this thread has been grobbed already. :D

#14     Dec 4, 2006
  5. I would imagine there are many hundreds of good traders who never look at t and s or dom. I am just very curious about the mechanics of the thing. It is fascinating.

#15     Dec 4, 2006
  6. Focus, Mate. Time is deluxe to every potentially profitable traders, imo. Perhaps the issue of market dynamics/ mechanics can be worth 100x PhD to only touch the surface.

#16     Dec 4, 2006
  7. I am starting to think that all the good information on this site is in the archives. Hard to get a serious dialogue going these days.

#17     Dec 4, 2006
  8. I'd think size is relative to average volume in the instrument you're trading. If your orders move the market "a lot" (whatever that may be) then you're definitely trading size.

I'm currently working positions in a small drug company, with an average daily volume of about 70,000 USD. Recently they had news of a contract, which I used to sell into - and I sold about half my position equal to an average day's volume. (It was about 35% of the sellside that day). I'd say that's size even though it's very small compared to size in big caps.

#18     Dec 4, 2006
  9. Nothting new under the Sun.

#19     Dec 4, 2006
  10. A Quick learner you're.

#20     Dec 4, 2006