What does Price Action Mean to you?

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by kevinmclark, Sep 20, 2005.

1. No... the question is What Does Price Action Mean to You? It doesn't say alone any where in the thread so far.

Not difficult for me to understand the question as stated. Some people like to see something in the question that is not there just like to see something in the market that is not there. :)

Everything is based on price and the amount of participation that price attracts for whatever reason.

To the OP: I use candlesticks for trading on my charts and I confirm S/R by using the tape.

#31     Sep 20, 2005
  2. No substitute for screen time:D :D

#32     Sep 20, 2005
  3. doublea

doublea

Kevin: I use price action only and have started a journal here. I do not use any indicators.

#33     Sep 20, 2005
  4. Convert the price to time...if you understand this you will have the first indicator that would actually tell you something.

A simple division problem...

Good night Folks...

#34     Sep 20, 2005
  5. I'll check it out.

#35     Sep 20, 2005
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Agreed largely, but there are a few situations where volume is definitive. To me price action is more about the time and sales and watching for when sales are going off at the bid or the ask. Along with the chart that can show you a lot.

#36     Sep 20, 2005
  7. Thanks for the carrot!

#37     Sep 20, 2005
  8. duard

duard

Hint:

Price --- how you get paid!!! You don't get paid by volume, MACD, stochastics, news, open, close, etc. Price matters 'cause if you buy low and sell higher you make money. Sounds stupid?!? Alot of people don't get this. Buy on the dips? Sell on the rallies? O.K. if that works for you.

Who cares if price is going up, I do.

Who cares if price is going down I do.

Who cares why, not me.

Just some thoughts.

#38     Sep 21, 2005
    K-Rock likes this.
  9. Another point about price(no pun intended):D

Price is the only component of market analysis that is not dependent on how much data you have, look back, what type of platform you use, what exchange you are on( some exchanges calulate volume differently than others), whether you use tick volume or trade volume, time of day, etc.

Price is the unifier of all markets. Learn to read price, and you can trade any kind of market.

Regards
    Oddi

#39     Sep 21, 2005
    K-Rock likes this.
  10. Cheese

Cheese

Sweet.
    I explained what price action meant to me.
    Price Action trading means just that .. alone, without indicators etc
    So get a life.
    And whatever it is you think you are doing, just keep doing it.

"Everything is based on price and the amount of participation that price attracts for whatever reason."
    Oh really. How nice?
    Well there is a lot you don't know and haven't so far learnt then, isn't there?
    :)

#40     Sep 21, 2005