what does Jim Roger have to say about the genocide in Tibet?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by chewbacca, Mar 22, 2008.

1. yabz

yabz

How rich is Jim Rogers? He's not on the Forbes list. How much money has he actually made?

If you read Investment Biker he was hopelessly wrong on a lot of his predictions. For example S. Ireland. Following his tips wouldn't have made you money.

As has been pointed out he doesn't actually live in China. Not many Westerners could actually live here for long....

#51     Mar 24, 2008
  2. Jim Rogers retired at 39 years old (has been unemployed since then in his own words), and is more than a multi-millionaire. I wish I could do that.

His prediction on the dooming of financials last July was right on spot.

#52     Mar 24, 2008
  3. Wow, this is embarrassing.

I wonder why most people on the side of Tibetan independence are full of hatred and cannot speak coherently. Richard Gere included (in addition, he cannot act).

Just because something is political correct today, doesn't necessarily mean that your side has the facts right. I have posted in an earlier thread two obvious lies told by the Dalai Lama. First is "China invaded Tibet in 1959." That lie is still repeated by the Dalai Lama's exile Tibetan government today, even though no serious western media repeats it any more (but they did throughout 60's and 70's). The second lie is the Dalai Lama's claim in 1959 that there was "influx of millions of Chinese" to Tibet. Those must have been Chinese ghosts because today Tibetans still outnumber Han Chinese in Tibet, and the total population is 2.7 million.

If I take a little more time I'm sure I can find more lies. The Dalai Lama's 1989 Nobel Peace Prize was built on the blood of Chinese students in Tiananmen Square. But he and those students are in two different worlds. The students gave their lives for democracy. The Dalai Lama just wants to return to his former status as Tibet's feudal lord and biggest slave owner.

#53     Mar 24, 2008

4. What the above post originally said before it was intercepted and "translated" by the communist authorities in China:

Help! I'm an American citizen that has been held hostage by the Chinese gov't. Jim Rogers is a commie loving stooge.

The western media don't tell the half of what's going on here.

Please help me,
    svr

#54     Mar 24, 2008
  5. [​IMG]

#55     Mar 24, 2008
  6. montysky

montysky

I believe this was issued in the 1940's by none other than the U. S. of A. Can someone verify the year of issue please?

#56     Mar 27, 2008
  7. Issued by the United States in 1941.

#57     Mar 27, 2008
  8. Lincoln in American Memory
    By Merrill D. Peterson

"A five-cent stamp issued in 1941 to commemorate the fifth year of Chinese resistance to Jpan coupled the portraits of Lincoln and Sun Yat-sen and incorporated the three principles."

http://books.google.com/books?id=D_...v4kHMDS&sig=xRKrez3Xwn7QRJEtJDOc9pL-jzw&hl=en

#58     Mar 27, 2008
  9. montysky

montysky

Thanks. I just did another search with more keywords. It was actually issued in 1942, most likely on 7/7, as on the stamp, to commemorate 5-year anniversary of resistance of Japanese invasion.

#59     Mar 27, 2008
  10. Interesting. Initially I first got it from google was also Year 1942.

From common sense, December 7, 1941,
    Attack on Pearl Harbor by Japan.

It makes more sense to me that this stamp was issued in 1942.

#60     Mar 27, 2008