What Does it Take to Make it Big?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by aeliodon, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Maverick1

Maverick1

Other than Livermore's ending which was well publicized, I don't think a lot of people know that Trader Vic blew up in the 90s... apparently by taking on too much risk than he could afford. Overall, I think 5pillars is right on, when you read the success stories, they have a high correlation with persistence in the face of adversity. I'd add that persistence should be accompanied by a willingness to learn from one's mistakes and redirect oneself along the way.

#21     Nov 29, 2006
  2. Find a volatile stock like GOOG or CDE and daytrade it. It has patterns that are easy to spot and when they turn, you can churn these for daily gains.

#22     Nov 29, 2006
  3. toc

toc

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO MAKE IT BIG"

Nice tits and ass does it for me.

WOW! THOUGHTFUL REPLY HHAAHAHAHAHAHHAA!

#23     Nov 29, 2006
  4. To make it big you have to be able to make it small first.

#24     Nov 29, 2006
  5. dac8555

dac8555

1. really truly lenjoying and wanting to work in the market. not just wanting to get rich.

2. Willingness to dedicate your life to it

3. intese study every day for years

4. safrifice

5. ability to believe in yourself

6. Humility

7. self control

8. emotianal stability.

so hey....its EASY!

#25     Nov 29, 2006
  6. So how many are entitled to answer it???

I'm still not BIG enough to answer it.

#26     Nov 29, 2006
  7. monee

monee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    9.)Not needing the money to live on so you only take high probability trades, and aren't desperate to close good trades early.

#27     Nov 29, 2006
  8. #28     Nov 29, 2006
  9. Tuneman

Tuneman

thats beautiful

#29     Nov 29, 2006
  10. If GOOG and CME (I'm sure you meant CME and not CDE) are so "easy" to trade, you should be banking well into 7 figures this year.

But....Since you're not doing anywhere near those #'s, you should relax with the "EASY" bullshit.

#30     Nov 29, 2006