What Does it Take to Make it Big?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by aeliodon, Nov 28, 2006.

1. volente_00

volente_00

A little bit of money, a whole lot of heart and the confidence to believe in yourself when things look their worst.

#11     Nov 28, 2006
  2. All you need is a bunch of small cap penny stock oil drillers and a cold snap. Now get to work tonight on this. GO GO GO.

#12     Nov 28, 2006
  3. i would say proper backing $ good mentor and a lot of luck and hard work and at times some losses also which will teach you thing like ( u can never be right ) ( never average down )and always use a stop loss )

#13     Nov 28, 2006

4. Lots of staying power. i.e. lots of money

#14     Nov 28, 2006
  5. 3 bong rips a you'll be trading in the zone

#15     Nov 28, 2006
  6. PERSISTENCE, PERSISTENCE, PERSISTENCE!

......and then the proper disciplined execution of the system you have developed will pay you in great rewards.

#16     Nov 28, 2006
  7. That will only keep you LONG at the HIGH's ......... :eek:

:D

#17     Nov 28, 2006
  8. jcmonger

jcmonger

I think there is a bit of truth to this BUT, I think most people do it through blind luck. The difference is if you can consistently make enough gains to stay in the game until you see the one trade that is going to work (or at least you think is going to work) and then go for the kill. How do you know? I've found that my gut tells me. Deep down I hear something like "holy cow, I've seen this before...this, this and this. I should do this." Happens two or so times a year (if I'm paying attention). The key is to figure out when your gut is talking to you and when you think it's talking to you... Only you can figure that out.
    Regards,
    J.C.

#18     Nov 29, 2006
  9. I believe that consistently, profitable trading requires "Out of the Box" mentality.

If it were easy then you could just do what everybody else does...

What is "Big" by the way?

#19     Nov 29, 2006
  10. Success is dressed in overals and hard work (Thomas Edison)

Dedication, dedication and nothing more.

Read the biography of Jesse Livermore, Vic Sperandeo. The price that you'll pay for success will be extreemly high But it can be done and has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with luck.

Now, get to study books (ergghh..... read: other peoples failures and then subsequent attempts to "prove" their - often basically flawed - theories) and start filtering out the old wive tales and find those nuggets. It has all been said before.

Maria

#20     Nov 29, 2006