What Does It Take to Feel Wealthy?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Ash1972

Ash1972

Ah, you mean you want to be "wasteful" :) Fractional seems to suit Tiger Woods, and he was not known for his frugality. BTW check out the safety record of these things - one caught fire and blew up recently in the South of France, killing all 3 passengers.

#41     Jul 24, 2012
  2. If you own downtown you can park it where ever you want. If a person has enough wealth they can change the government the laws or anything they want. Money is one of the most powerful social control mechanisms. It is evenmore powerfull than sex. Money lets you do what you want when you as many times as you want.

#42     Jul 24, 2012
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem

I'll have my pilot just circle until I am done doing my slumming downtown.

#43     Jul 24, 2012
  4. Mayhem

Mayhem

Tiger Woods? He's a world-famous multi-millionaire and he was spending his time banging cocktail waitresses and the nannies of his buddy's children... He's an exceptional golf player, but he's got the personal taste and judgement of a hedgehog.

Tiger Woods probably does fractional because his merely-rich accountants probably convinced him it's the right thing to do lest he end up like Mike Tyson or MC Hammer. That, or NetJets or MarquisJet are a sponsors of his. Either way, Tiger might be fine with putting his butt on some leather seat that 100 other rich guys and their hookers have sat on, but if I am wealthy, the Gulfstream is just for me and my family/close friends.

"Wasteful" is in the eye of the beholder. I know someone who calls me "wasteful" because I spend a couple thousand every year going on sport fishing charters. He thinks I should just go down to the local marina and cast a line from a pier. Then again, he spends thousands every year on cigarettes, and he thinks I am the one being wasteful.

#44     Jul 24, 2012