What Does It Take to Feel Wealthy?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Ash1972

Ash1972

Trillionaire? We talkin' Italian Lira (the pre 2000 but soon to reappear currency of Italy) here? :)

#21     Jul 22, 2012
  2. no kidding, I was watching a 1970's movie, and there was a scene in the airport, man, it use to be classy back then, if you were flying, they treated you real special, and you felt special. And the stewardess was always better than average good looking.

#22     Jul 22, 2012
  3. SamGold

SamGold

#23     Jul 22, 2012
  4. ElCubano

ElCubano

look at that smirk....

#24     Jul 22, 2012
  5. yeah, but you gotta admit, we use to feel wealthy back in the tech bubble when there was a new IPO everyday and you felt you'd done a good days work if you just got in.

#25     Jul 22, 2012
  6. Don't be fooled by the outward expression of happiness I would say that people who statsified by so little are just complacenct. Once a person has been exposed to a certain lifestyle and income level they will never forget. Where I went to school there were some very wealthy people who could do anything on a whim. They had the money to do it. My neighbor whom I grew next to was a billionare and anything he wanted could be had. My uncle who lives in Weschester county New York has the freedom of being able to travel any where and buy a whole lot. Part of being wealthy means getting want you want when you want. The other part is knowing that you have enough liquidable capital to not worry about money for the rest of your life.

#26     Jul 22, 2012
  7. jl1575

jl1575

Anything? What about health? You don't imagine Steve Jobs would give up half or all his fortune away for just to live another 20 years or so like most other common people.

#27     Jul 22, 2012
  8. well, that's kind of iffy. It depends on whether you believe in life after death or not.

#28     Jul 22, 2012
  9. How come your neighbour was billionaire and yet he lived next door to you! :D

#29     Jul 22, 2012
  10. Because the location suited his needs. He was the owner of a large waste disposal corperation and was smart enough to turn it into a conglomerate. The location of the realstate was choice. My family had lived there for several years and then the wealthy people started to move in. It had to do with residential waterfront property near a river.

#30     Jul 22, 2012