What Does It Take to Feel Wealthy?

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Jul 21, 2012.

1. the real question is.. what does it take to feel WORTHY, then you'll naturally feel wealthy. but i dont want to get too philosophical. :cool:

#11     Jul 21, 2012
  2. ElCubano

ElCubano

Wealthy is a the person who needs the least to be Happy..Thats real wealth.

#12     Jul 21, 2012
  3. Mayhem

Mayhem

I need about $80M in investable assets... that's what I need to own and maintain a private jet so I don't have to stand on any damn security lines, take of my shoes, get groped or x-ray'd at the airport.

Anyone who cannot buy their way out of getting their junk probed and handled by barely-literate, GED degree, gov't rent-a-cops is, by definition, not wealthy.

#13     Jul 21, 2012
  4. I feel rich just living near a Walmart now, because I got sick of Manhattan and all the expenses. In the big cities, they try to keep Walmart out and this really makes you feel poor because of all of the mom and pop store price-rape.

Now that I live near a Super Walmart, my life has improved substantially.

#14     Jul 21, 2012
  5. that's a good one there ElCubano

#15     Jul 21, 2012
  6. Mayhem

Mayhem

That would make this Indian bottom-caste untouchable one of the happiest guys alive:

[​IMG]

If he's a good Hindu, he doesn't question his role as a human sewer cleaner, does his job with good cheer, and hopes he gets to move up a caste in his next life.

#16     Jul 22, 2012
  7. we weren't talking about what you do for a living, we were talking about happiness.

#17     Jul 22, 2012
  8. Passive income > expenses

#18     Jul 22, 2012
  9. Ash1972

Ash1972

Absolutely. Private jet travel is the only important thing that the rich can do that the upper middle classes cannot. Everything else is just a flashier version of what the upper middle can attain, e.g. house, car, holidays etc.

What I hate about commercial air travel is the way it has descended over the last 20 years from a somewhat 'glamorous' experience to something that needs to be endured. Low cost airlines have been at the forefront of herding people rather than respecting them, but the major carriers have followed suit in no time.

BTW I don't think you need as much as $80m to partake in private jet travel. Definitely worth looking into fractional ownership schemes.

#19     Jul 22, 2012
  10. SamGold

SamGold

'Wealthy', 'Rich', 'Happy', 'Jet travel', 'Walmart'... Do you, retards, know the meaning of 'dictionary'?. All those terms mean different things, and some like 'happy', mean different things for different people.
    For example I can be 'happy' after I snap a syrian soldier's head off with my .50 Barrett, El Cubano can be always happy whilst his family and fellow countrymen get raped daily by Fidel Castro and their minds raped daily by the memory of Che Guevara..
    But we can agree that 'rich' is millionaire-multimillionare (less than 1% of the world population), billionaire is nearly-wealthy status (less than 2000 humans are billionaires, not including corporations, which are human-made entities after all).

And then... Ahh... WEALTHY: You are a sovereign, multi-billionaire (or trillionaire) with a dinasty in place to supersede you and preserve your royal lineage, have territory and possessions that are ever expanding, and you have adequate protection for it all, with superior weapons
    and means from your potential envious foes, enemies, invaders, democ-rats, re-publicans, etc.

You are the free, intelligent-beyond-measure, powerful, rich, happy, sovereign of a nation of armed superhumans.

That, my dear retards, is WEALTHY.

Think King Salomon, but happy, and with nuclear weapons, a prepared army, and a dinasty.

#20     Jul 22, 2012