What does it say about someone when they repeatedly imply they have strong ethics?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Cutten, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Why are Right Wingnuts intent on making this thread about Obama? Is it because "he doesn't see America as we do?" (Courtesy of Deep Thinker Palin.) That's a clever way to hide behind the sheets, don't you think?

#41     Dec 22, 2008
  2. tradersboredom

tradersboredom Guest

a con man or previous con man can spot another con man miles away.

the best computer security experts or former computer hackers.

the best stock market fraud investigators are former stock market fraudsters.

#42     Dec 22, 2008
  3. ak15

ak15

Robert J. Ringer's - Winning Through Intimidation:

The Three Types Theory is based on his first real work experience
    in the real estate industry from which he determines that there are three basic types of business people. His Type One consists of people who are up front in their intentions and statements about wanting to get as much of the pie as possible (or as many chips as possible as Ringer refers to it). These are the best people to work with because you always know where you stand. Then there are the Type Three people, who genuinely profess to not wanting your share of the pie, but somehow always (inadvertently) end up making a grab for it. Finally, there are the Type Two people, which are the worst kind, because they tell you that they don’t want your piece of the pie, but then do everything they can, often behind your back, to get your piece of the pie.

#43     Dec 22, 2008
  4. to sum it up, the most honest people never profess their honesty, because they know a reputation is a series of tests, many of which are still in the future - they know their honesty is still yet to be proven, regardless of their past record - they have respect for what it takes, and are humble before it

i'm not talking about someone wondering whether or not they will shoplift at a store next week. i'm talking about those really difficult not so clear situations, at a really difficult time things

the liar doesnt care, because he knows he's already failed

#44     Dec 22, 2008
  5. I remember reading that book in the '70s and enjoying it. He had a follow-up, Looking Out For #1, but I liked the first one better.

P.S. I just looked it up on Amazon, and it is shown to have been published in 1984. But I could swear I read it in the mid-to-late '70s.

#45     Dec 22, 2008
  6. Hmmm.. I think I'll go back in time two years, so I can retroactively agree with you.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78073&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

10-04-06

Behind every 'Moral Crusader', is a closet full of skeletons.

What do Rush Limbaugh, Jimmy Swaggart, William Bennett, J. Edgar Hoover, Jim Bakker, and Mark Foley all have in common? If you've been paying any attention, you already know the answer. Only sick, twisted & insecure assholes go on 'Moral Crusades', setting moral standards and manipulating/pressuring/forcing everyone else to obey them (or else).

While their own dark skeletons may never be exposed, you can bet that John Ashcroft and Rick Santorum have also engaged in perverted acts so vile, even Larry Flynt would blush.

How do these sleazebags, with their efforts to 'clean up' society, gain so much power to begin with? Time and time again they rise to positions of power and push their 'moral agenda' down the public's throat. When a scandal brings one of them down, a new 'righteous crusader' always rises up in his place. And yet the public always falls for it, again and again and again...

#46     Dec 22, 2008
  7. ak15

ak15

It was first published in 1973. Fascinating read, particularly because it was so off-beat and unconventional.

#47     Dec 22, 2008
  8. *Raises hand*

"Get Anyone To Do Anything" is one of the most useful books I've ever read. It's also very economical on words- All meat and no stuffing- so that even the most severe zero-attention-span ADHD cases can easily keep the pages turning.

http://www.amazon.com/Get-Anyone-Anything-Again-Psychological/dp/0312270178

#48     Dec 22, 2008
  9. Yes, but will it get me girls?

#49     Dec 22, 2008
  10. #50     Dec 22, 2008