What does it say about someone when they repeatedly imply they have strong ethics?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Cutten, Dec 20, 2008.

1. And then there's that old standby: "Let me be honest with you..."

#21     Dec 20, 2008
  2. Same thing with people claiming they have great abilities.

Thats why i didn't vote for Obama.

#22     Dec 20, 2008
  3. How does one sell themselves to a complete stranger without sending off any signals of distrust? Obviously, no one trusts the direct approach of simply stating your abilities.

#23     Dec 20, 2008
  4. f**k Obama, but trust me what you are claiming is not always true

#24     Dec 20, 2008
  5. My favorite is when someone says they are a Christian, implying you should trust them. Not to say by any means Christians are bad, but I have seen good people scammed by those boasting of their Christianity.

#25     Dec 20, 2008
  6. It's always true when the person claiming they have great abilities has never done anything in the past that would be qualified as a great ability. It doesn't mean the person isn't capable of anything great but it certainly means that they don't deserve any recognition when it comes to their ability of changing or even helping anything.

#26     Dec 20, 2008
  7. A rock will always be hard if it is a rock, whether you believe it or not, if you dont believe me I can throw one at you and change your view but that would not be very helpful of me

#27     Dec 20, 2008
  8. Mvic

Mvic

I am always wary of the squeeky clean types. They usually also excessively groom themselves trying to hide what is really inside. If anyone has ever seen the film Happiness (Parker Posey's classic line "we are not laughing at you, we are laughing with you" lol) you will know just what I am talking about, that type of squeeky clean guy.

#28     Dec 20, 2008
  9. This is business not religion.

#29     Dec 21, 2008
  10. stu

stu

Religion is in the business of promoting dubious ethics.

#30     Dec 21, 2008