What does it mean to be unAmerican?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZZZzzzzzzz, Oct 18, 2008.

1. Paying taxes.

#11     Oct 18, 2008
  2. Really? He's an example of millions of plumbers out there. Or not.

Well he's related to a famous Republican, and even his name was fake. Can you guess which one he's related to?

#12     Oct 18, 2008
  3. wjk

wjk

I can't hazard a guess as to who he is related to. Of course, I have to ask.:) Who?

As indicated, my interest has been the question and the answer to the question. I think that is the issue, not who Joe is. I think it was a fair question.

Bigdave, do you think the question he asked was legitimate? How bout if the media asked it?

I would guess that Jefferson would have liked to see that question posed by the media, not someone who may or may not be who he claims.

#13     Oct 18, 2008
  4. I have to wonder if the taxes on income were really going to be an issue for this plumber.

Lots of businesses gross well over $250K, but the net income for the business owner is quite a bit less.

It all depends on how the business is run, how much income the owner draws, is it a corporation or sole proprietorship, an S Corp, etc.

I don't think Obama has said he was going to raise taxes on gross income on a business over 250K, but on net income for employees or owners of sole proprietorships.

Lots of businesses gross millions but lose money. Lots of non profit corporations have individuals who draw salary in the millions.

Joe the plumber was one of those dumb down type of arguments the republicans are trying to make to the dumbed down Bush voters...

#14     Oct 18, 2008
  5. wjk

wjk

I see. Keating's son in law is his relative? I would think he'd be living a little more upscale if he was a relative in good standing.

This begs the next question. If McCaine helped put Keating in jail, why would Joe the plumber want to help him in any way? Politics before family maybe?

#15     Oct 18, 2008
  6. He's the son-in-law of Charles Keating, and his father is a major donor to the Republican party. Some plumber!

The More You Know... :)

I do not as I am not aware of any small plumbing firm that
    nets over $250,000.

Absolutely agree.

#16     Oct 18, 2008
  7. For a good start, look in the mirror.

#17     Oct 18, 2008
  8. That's funny. You would be the expert on "plants', being one yourself.

#18     Oct 19, 2008