What Does Israel Add to the Mix?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StreamlineTrade, Jul 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The post addresses the anti-Israel idiot, the pro Israel idiots, and anyone who else who determines the intrinsic value of human life on the basis of "what can you do for me."

I post whenever I feel like it, I felt like it...

That the pro Israeli people began playing the same stupid game as the thread starter was not a factor...

#21     Jul 5, 2006
  2. If "every person....adds to the mix," please answer the following:

What do murderers "add to the mix"?

What do rapists "add to the mix"?

What do pedophiles "add to the mix"?

What did Hitler "add to the mix"?

What did Stalin "add to the mix"?

What did Pol Pot "add to the mix"?

#22     Jul 5, 2006
  3. ???

But you are one of the anti-Israel idiots yourself!!!

Aren't you? Are you claiming that your many posts re: Israel have't been uniformly anti-Israel?

:confused:

Also, you say that you post when you feel like it. And yet hapaboy asked you a polite question which directly cited a post of yours and asked you a question about it - you responded by telling him not to post in reply to you!! So you can post whenever you feel like it but he can't?

:confused:

#23     Jul 5, 2006
  4. StreamlineTrade,

what do YOU contribute to the world that justifies all the money and effort put into you?

#24     Jul 5, 2006
  5. 'Allies', as I understand the term, tend to help each other out. How, specifically, has Israel helped America?

As far as democracy goes, the Palestinians are democratic. For the love of God, why won't you neocons admit it? Hamas was democratically elected. (Which might suggest that, erm, democracy, as a goal of itself, isn't all that flash.)

And if it's more than 'mere' democracy you're after, if it's liberal democracy, then America and Israel, you understand, are ideologically at odds. Think about 'multiculturalism' - America is betting it's future that allowing massive numbers of essentially unassimiliable third-world populations will, in the long run, be beneficial (a policy overwhelmingly supported by US Jews, mind you), while Israel won't even allow the people with moral, if not legal, claims to live in Israel to move there (and all that after being responsible for their removal in the first place).

As for hostility, one might well ask, why is the region hostile? Is it not at least possible that America's blind support for Israel has given rise to such hostility?

It's not about what Israel 'adds to the mix'. It's about the benefit to America (or Australia, or anyone else who gives them more or less uncritical support) of supporting Israel. When the ideological blinkers come off (poor, historically mistreated Jews etc etc) there appear to be few reasons for it.

#25     Jul 5, 2006
  6. I am not anti-Israel nor am I pro Palestinian.

I am opposed to some of the things Israel does, and opposed to some of the things the Palestinians do. It is not a pure black and white situation.

There is a difference between being opposed to certain actions of a person or a country, and anti the entire country.

Even a dope should be able to understand that...

#26     Jul 5, 2006
  7. Please, do not respond to my posts.

#27     Jul 5, 2006
  8. That may be true but your posts have been overwhelmingly anti-Israel so far, are we to believe what you say, not what you do?

#28     Jul 5, 2006
  9. You are the one who continually suggests that Israel is the civilized nation and the Palestinians are not, right?

So, when Israel acts in what I consider an uncivilized manner, I point it out.

When the Palestinians act as uncivilized people, it is not as eggregious on a comparative basis, because they are not civilized.

I make no bones about the fact that many Islamic countries and their leadership have a 14th century mentality. The issue I take is when civilized countries to climb back into the same 14th century mindset, when revenge thinking dominates, then peace to that region will never happen.

I expect more from the civilized nations, and to hear them rationalize violence and hatred the way they do, I begin to wonder just how civilized they really are...

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

----Mahatma Gandhi----

#29     Jul 5, 2006
  10. I am glad you're agreeing with my premise that Israel is the civilized nation and arab countries are medieval theocratical feudal dictatorships, I disagree with the weird conclusion you're making that you should bash the civilized nation for responding with overwhelming force to hordes of invading medieval savages who don't understand anything other than overwhelming force. You're not seriously suggesting that the best way to fight "Islamic countries and their leadership having a 14th century mentality" is by turning the other cheek, are you? Being 'civilizied' is not synonimous with being "spineless", "indecisive" or "suicidal".

So why don't you just get disappointed in Israel once and for all, assume that they are not civilized enough for your taste and stop bashing them just like you never bash Palestinians and other "uncivilized people".

#30     Jul 5, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.