What does everyone do for streaming news?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Surreal, Aug 25, 2004.

1. Andy... when did you start this service. When I was shopping for myself, I didn't come across your name.

#21     Sep 20, 2004
  2. andy@ntkn

andy@ntkn NeedToKnowNews.com

The service is relatively new; we launched this past spring.

#22     Sep 20, 2004
  3. You website says that European coverage is coming soon. What is the ETA on that service?

#23     Sep 20, 2004
  4. andy@ntkn

We are currently in development and hope to have European coverage live by the end of the year. This will be included in the standard subscription with the futures and equities broadcasts.

#24     Sep 20, 2004
  5. 1. Do you think you can be fast enough to react to news?
    2. And if you can, then how do you know how to interpret them?
    3. Even if you can do all this, how about the risk of fast markets?

Do yourself a favor and ditch your news stream, and if you have a TV with financial news in your trading office, then do yourself an even greater favor and change the channel to MTV. Or if you don't like MTV, put it into the living room, where it belongs.

Please find enclosed one of my favorite snippets on this topic.

Watch the charts. They already know the news. Enough said.

Compliments,
    Scientist

#25     Sep 20, 2004
  6. linuxtrader

linuxtrader Guest

News is - even on the fastest feeds - too little too late. We keep a few feeds - public rss stuff and CNN/Reuters - for monitoring any type of truly significant information but generally as has been said elsewhere, it is better to ignore news sources and simply monitor the behaviour of the markets you are trading.

#26     Sep 20, 2004
  7. Jeeez, you guys. It just seems that people posting often times only see things from their own little microcosm. News is unimportant if you are a position trader or swing trader holding positions for hours, days or weeks. However, other traders such as myself scalp a lot of volume and we don't use a big picture idea. Where the stock will go is where it will go regardless of what the unemployment or other release is. However, scalping that includes planned risk for trading news events is a key component of what is now a slow, tight and sluggish market. In fact, when the news from last month when the Saudis announced increasing petro production by 1.3 mbpd came across Trade the News, I had more than 15-20 seconds to load up and the market shot up. It was one of my biggest days ever.

The news doesn't control my current or future position that I take, but it helps me determine the bias I should have for my risk.

My 2 pennies worth...

#27     Sep 20, 2004
  8. damir00

damir00 Guest

you can get all the free realtime headlines you like from a variety of IRC servers that 'bot them into a chat room.

#28     Sep 20, 2004
  9. #29     Sep 20, 2004
  10. andy@ntkn

For timely news that can be traded off of, try our two-week free trial at www.needtoknownews.com . After that it's only $95/mo for individuals; in addtion we offer large discounts for institutions and trading firms.

#30     Sep 20, 2004