What does everyone do for streaming news?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by Surreal, Aug 25, 2004.

1. bloomberg; reuters

these are the industry standards...you are not likely to find anything faster...if you need streaming news to be the first to react these two are necessary...you get what you pay for...

#11     Sep 15, 2004
  2. I have used realtimetraders.com before. Briefing.com is what many use.

#12     Sep 15, 2004
  3. BBG...Get an anywhere while you're at it.

#13     Sep 15, 2004
  4. Bob111

Bob111

briefing is a joke...i check it already. on upgrade\downgrade up to 2 hours late

#14     Sep 15, 2004
  5. cable

cable

Do you mean like an RSS feed? If you don't know about them, look them up.

#15     Sep 17, 2004
  6. selecto

selecto Guest

"News is for chumps." Joe Granville

#16     Sep 17, 2004
  7. which ameritrade news are you using , the regular news or the dow jones news wire?

you can get the news wire thru freetrades and ameritrade, you can set it up for all news or filter it out for hot news or just news on your list of stocks, I think it works pretty good , you can set news alerts to pop up or sound off for your list, that way you can act because you already know whats going on chartwise with the stock

most times its fast enough

#17     Sep 19, 2004
  8. funnyman

funnyman

most traders who feel that news is not tradeable probably isn't getting it fast enough. i think that if you can filter out all the noise (99%), you can make a living trading on news. but, as someone said, you get what you pay for.

#18     Sep 19, 2004
  9. I use Trade The News at www.tradethenews.com. It is a streaming live audio feed over the internet that starts at 8:00 AM easter and stops at 4 PM.

They are very fast with economic releases as well as earnings releases, equities up/downgrades, etc. The service is pricey but I found that for the pro trader, it pays for itself within a few trades.

#19     Sep 20, 2004
  10. andy@ntkn

andy@ntkn NeedToKnowNews.com

For true value and quality of real-time audio finanical information, try Need To Know News: www.needtoknownews.com . We provide more information at a highly competitive price. Check out the two week free trial.

#20     Sep 20, 2004