What does Ed Seykota mean by "everyone gets what they want from market"?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by learner88, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Handle123

Handle123

Few years ago, doing an all nighter which I have often done in my life at my desk, realization came, I was already way beyond where I thought I ever be, and yet here I am trying to get better, learning what I didn't learn long ago, yet always been in front of me. Just was not ready to accept it. It dawns on me now, what more can I do, how low can I lose, is this all there is to this?

All those I admired growing up in late 70s and 80s, most have retired or nearing wearing a bib. I just had my midlife reassembly. How much more can I go? I just love the game.

The late 70s, what a time, Carter was screwing up everything and didn't have any balls, hostages across the oceans, interest rates climbing and climbing. Newspapers at the time were starting to become owned by more dems, so news didn't get to the public...unlike now where if there is no news, they make up crap to discredit Pres Trump's bad choice for his tie. The 70/80s were much different in the pits then at home, really was not much retail in commodity markets, very expensive, but where those that made a killing like Sekota, lack of news to the public. Back then markets trended without all the herky jerky, false news, false moves, program selling, HFTs, fat finger, arbing there is now, was a time you get in close to bottom and reverse close to the tops. All I am surprised is they didn't make more.

Internet Futures trading in much bigger way started early 2000s, yes some of it was late 90s but not volume wise. I remember in the 80s, huge news of Financials going to have a 2nd session from 5pm to 8pm? WOW, LOL

Abraham Maslow was incredible, long before his time.
    @sgold1313 You makes it sound so simple. Thank You.

#61     Feb 20, 2018
    Axon and sgold1313 like this.
  2. speedo

speedo

Most of us were losing traders before we were winning traders. Did we subconsciously want to lose? Maybe some, but for most we had to continue to learn, continue to work on the process of the trade and of understanding price development, on our behavior, on expectations. One day, should we persevere, we become profitable traders. Anyone who walks into this arena a "winning trader" has my respect and frankly my astonishment.

#62     Feb 20, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  3. %%
    And Mr Eds statement is helpful but a figure of speech; At my age , will not be playing NBA pro

#63     Feb 20, 2018
    ironchef likes this.
  4. speedo

speedo

:D

#64     Feb 20, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  5. ironchef

ironchef

Or be a brain surgeon.

But we still have time to be ET. :D

#65     Feb 21, 2018