what does America stand for in your eyes?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 151, Nov 9, 2008.

1. 151

ice, It sounds as though you have found a recipe for your happiness.

I am happy for you.

While I also do not like to harp on the negative, I feel it is irresponsible to ignore it.

My original intent when posting was to voice my opinion that America stands for Freedom above all else.

I feel that we as a country no longer value freedom above all else.

We seem to care more for wealth, health, quality of life, equality, and last but not least fame and power.

To me and maybe only me FREEDOM trumps each and every one of those.

#21     Nov 10, 2008

2. We'd be FREE from foreign oil dependence if not for every stupid fat lazy Republican driving a humongous ugly GMC SUV. tha'tll be a start of sacrificing some "comfort" for freedom. lead by example, Republican dumbfucks

#22     Nov 10, 2008
  3. achilles28

achilles28

America is the Constitution.

And she is under attack by Politicians, Bankers and the Military-Industrial-Complex to rape her into Death.

#23     Nov 10, 2008
  4. 151

oktiri, you might consider choosing your words a little wiser. YOu make good points from time to time but drown them in blabber about your feelings for republicans.

Posting like that makes it appear that you post to make yourself feel good and not to make a point or counter some other point.

Just a thought.

#24     Nov 10, 2008
  5. The US has a long and great tradition for individualist anarchism - being able to count on yourself and reach your personal potential, but there is also another side where exploitation and disregard for others has accompanied the success stories of the US. This has been true of North America through the conquering, colonization, native slaughter, slavery and later exploitation. That was also the case for the former European colonial powers and attempts at neo-imperialism. Now the US is more of a remnant, waning on its lost glory, while the rest of the world has moved on.

When the US was founded it was seen as a well of opportunity and a new Christian paradise. Now it is nothing like it was, and the structuring of US society has shown how it has been greatly fallible - with power politics dominating most of society and limiting personal freedoms.

In some ways, the US is now "grown up" and perhaps will become more realistic instead of living on old lost dreams and hopes of greatness.

#25     Nov 10, 2008