What does America mean to you?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aphexcoil, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Since we have a lot of politically charged feelings about this, I'm curious what everyone here thinks of when they hear the words "America" and "American."

Are you happy with the current state of our country? Do you feel that things are better or worse today than in our past?

2. ElCubano

ElCubano

I LOVE AMERICA.........Ill take whatever she gives me.

3. Pabst

Pabst

Hey Cohiba!

Nice to hear from someone who knows how brutal the alternatives can be. BTW: I think it's BS that Castro is still in operation. Hope we take THAT prick down too.

4. ElCubano!!!!! Come on down!:D We love to have you over.:cool:
    America is still the greatest.:cool: Few pesky wrinkles to iron out, but we're feverishly working on it.:)

5. ElCubano

ElCubano

im already here sammy boy......and me loves it....

6. Opportunity. Personal freedom. Everyday I am greatful for that.

7. I voted option 3, not an American and feel positive about America.

Though I'm not an American, I have lived there and I think it is fantastic. Sure, it's got its problems -- like every other country -- but the good, in my book, far outweighs the bad.

When I think of America, I think of it as the cornerstone, advancer and protector of values of progress, success, self-betterment, reward for effort, creativity, service, personal responsibility and forward lookingness and, (for the most part -- given its unfortunate history) human rights. Unfortunately, I am also often rreminded of the liberal element there that doesn't share and seeks to undermine many of those values.

8. bobcathy1

bobcathy1 Guest

America is the land of opportunity.
    America is a beautiful and vast land.
    America is the land of the free.
    We are a nation of immigrants.
    America is a melting pot of cultures.
    No wonder everyone wants to come here.:)