What does a Reuters feed cost?

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Painkiller, Dec 18, 2006.

1. just21

just21

You can get realtime Reuters fx datafeed from www.equis.com for $99 a month.

#21     Feb 16, 2007
  2. romik

romik

There are a lot of trading entities in the UK using Reuters, can't be bad. Some say Reuters are THE best.

#22     Feb 16, 2007
  3. dac8555

dac8555

Bloomberg and reuters dont serve much purpose to individual investors/traders. almost none really. for trading, any other retail platformis better.

I use both, but i am institutional.

My bloomberg is $1600 month
    Reuters is about $1200...but there are different levels of subscription...it varies.

there is no significant advantage to either. it is a regional think as to which is better.

I am in latin america...and we are saturated with bloomberg, but reuters is bigger in europe. the information is the same, it is simply a matter of using what your network uses to stay in touch.

Bloomberg uses a proprietary keyboard...but both of them are software based. you dont need any other hardware. just download.

these platforms are great for OTC markets..bonds mainly. they are just institutional intranets to do busines with other institutions.

#23     Feb 16, 2007
  4. anyone know if either bloomberg or reuters offer apis to their feeds that allow news events to be piped directly into a 3rd party app?

#24     Feb 16, 2007
  5. dac8555

dac8555

dow jones newswire is a good service for this.

#25     Feb 16, 2007
  6. Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know why low end vendors INSIST on charging you the NYSE fee?

All reputable, high end vendors just tell the NYSE your subscription dates...
    And you deal directly with the NYSE where one has an account?

In constrast...
    Low end vendors take on the high cost of this adminstrative task...
    Beacuse they are scamming both you and the NYSE ???
    Like overcharging you for multiple terminals, etc ???

#26     Feb 16, 2007