What does a guy have to do to get a response from firm?

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by twosocks40, Nov 19, 2008.

1. I have contacted many firms in the last few weeks and I am shocked at the lack of responses. A few of the firms I have talked to, and I mean few, can't give straight answers about comms, fees, capital deposits, licensing, etc. The others just do not respond at all. I have sent emails and made phone calls with nothing returned. I am going to be trading remote. Could that be the problem? I just don't get it.

2. Perhaps thay all think that you work for the SEC.

3. cstfx

cstfx

Every shop that has a public email addy is getting bombarded with requests and resumes now that people are unemployed or fear they are about to be. Never mind that most have no experience trading prop or for that matter trading stocks. There are programmer-wanna-be traders, accountant wanna-be's, clerical wanna-be's, mortgage broker wanna-be's (see the pattern) all thinking that trading is as easy as "Trading for Dummies" makes it out to be. Just because they once worked in the Bear mail room does not make them prop trader material. These are the majority of resumes shops have been getting of late and either they don't think what you put forth was worth the effort and added you to that pile or they are just resume collectors and will get to them eventually.