What do you wish you knew...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by paulsta, Oct 13, 2003.

1. tzheng

tzheng

I wish I did not have so much money when I began the learning curve.

#31     Oct 13, 2003
  2. T-REX

T-REX

I wish I had T-REX from day 0ne.

#32     Oct 13, 2003
  3. T-REX

T-REX

Welcome. I also enjoy your article. You give terrific answers to often very difficult questions.:D

#33     Oct 13, 2003
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Now THAT'S the truth ! !

#34     Oct 13, 2003
  5. there's a lot of things. but most importantly is you can never overestimate this beast. it can ruin your life, it can bury you alive if you let it. or it can change your life around for the better. it's a huge step, it's a huge commitment.

#35     Oct 13, 2003
  6. analogy just came to my mind. it is like a beast, like a wild bear in a circus, you're the showman. it has the power to demolish you. the moment you lose respect for it, it will. and even if you do everything 100% right things can still happen like what happened in Vegas recently. Mastering trading is taming the beast!!!!!

#36     Oct 13, 2003
  7. This may sound strange, but I wish I had known the difference between a retracement and a new trend. It's not just that I made mistakes classifying individual situations, I just had no grasp on the concept at all.

#37     Oct 13, 2003
  8. Cutten

Cutten

I wish I had done more research and less trading.

#38     Oct 13, 2003
  9. less greed, more patience

#39     Oct 13, 2003
  10. Boomer

Boomer

for the experienced, did the trading vehicle have any effect on the learning curve? i know a previous poster mentioned a slower moving market. i know that individual stocks can move for numerous reasons, and just wanted to know about the market to begin on? equities, es, nq, etc...

#40     Oct 13, 2003