What do you wish you knew...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by paulsta, Oct 13, 2003.

1. c_verm

c_verm

I wish I know about interactive brokers about 5 years ago!!

I would have saved huge in commissions!!

#21     Oct 13, 2003
  2. c_verm

c_verm

QuoteTracker is amazing. it takes about a week to get comfortable with it and learn all the little things and accumulate enought data for the charts to be of real use. But this platform for daytrading is great!! Sure its no esignal but I dont need to back test, or any of the other 200 things is does I just trade my strategy thats it.

This platform will save you $100 a month which makes you a $100 more profitable every month!! $100 a month of fees leaves a mark in a beginners trading account and usually newbies dont make money for a while.

#22     Oct 13, 2003
  3. gimp570

gimp570

I wish that I would have know truly how hard it is become a successful trader...

And staying successful...isn't easy either

M

#23     Oct 13, 2003
  4. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

I agree totally with the above statement. Also,...

I wish I had found Elitetrader.com sooner.
    I wish I had been advised about the best trading course to take, instead of taking the wrong course and paying too much and also spending too much time learning on my own.
    I wish I had interned as a trader at a trading firm, instead of doing it on my own, and spending a lot of time.

#24     Oct 13, 2003
  5. pspr

pspr

PLEASSSSSE, enlighten us!

Wally

#25     Oct 13, 2003
  6. funky

funky

also, i wish i would have known that the majority opinion is usually wrong.

#26     Oct 13, 2003
  7. gemini_315

gemini_315 Guest

Since I have never looked around and am mostly self taught, I really don't know of a good place that an aspiring trader could get a good education at the right price. Most courses I've seen are overpriced, unscupulous snakeoil.

I did purchase a course on CD when I started, which was a real joke in hindsight.

#27     Oct 13, 2003
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Depends on whether you want to learn about the markets, about trading, or somebody's system.

#28     Oct 13, 2003
  9. pspr

pspr

Been there - done that. I even have a library of just about every semi-decent book on trading but haven't gleened a real methodology that works consistently for me on the ES out of the many thousands of pages.

Maybe if I opened some of them instead of laying my palm on the cover and seeing what trading ideas come to mind they might be more helpful. You think?

Wally

#29     Oct 13, 2003
  10. LOLOL! That is funny!

#30     Oct 13, 2003