What Do You Want In A Trading Room

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bthomas, Jul 30, 2008.

1. bthomas

bthomas

The OP's Position

The OP, in this case me, would prefer not to influence the discussion, but rather learn from the discussion. I will have a response this coming week.

Rest assured, I find this discussion very valuable and am very appreciative for everyone's efforts.

#61     Aug 9, 2008
  2. I suppose the right answer would be a great education with lots and lots of honesty for the right price.

The best room I ever saw was completely free.

Daniel

#62     Aug 9, 2008
  3. le140

le140

A complete refund for the month that the site does not make money.

Make the correct calls, you get to keep the monthly fees.

#63     Aug 13, 2008
  4. Sounds reasonable but only if the trader shows verification (broker statement) that the specific calls in question was actually traded and the trader lost money.

On the flip side, the above could become problematic via the following example.

Lets pretend they gave 20 calls in one month.

18 profitable and 2 losers.

However, you only traded 2 of the calls that happen to be the losing trades.

Does that imply you should get a refund. :confused:

Mark

#64     Aug 13, 2008
  5. 123r34

123r34

I believe a great trading room would be made up of a:

1. Trader/educator that actually trades his own system real time whether in sim or real money. I have always learned the most from people that walk the talk.
    2. These trades are called out before or at the time of execution depending on the type of trade. If a student does not take a trade under that circumstance it will be hard to bitch about it later.
    3. Each trade would come with a specifc entry/profit target and stop loss with explicit money management spelled out as the trade progresses.
    4. Each completed trade would have a post mortem done on it win, lose or draw. You will generally learn more from your mistakes than from your successes.
    5. The Trader/educator would use a DOM for every trade.
    6. A summary of all trades would be posted for the day/week/year.

This is not a comprehensive list, just a general one.
    The above list contains items that a successful trader will be doing with or without a trading room.

I believe most people go to trading rooms for education with the goal of learning to eventually be able to profitably trade on their own. There is no better education than learning from a real pro that is educating(trading) in real time.

Good luck with your survey

#65     Sep 14, 2008
  6. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

the ONLY way to prove you are a trader for real is to have a "independently audited track record by a third party" statements can be forged etc.

or call trades in real time or in advance consistently for a given period of time. with specific buy here sell here prices and time.

mb

#66     Oct 5, 2008
  7. Every vendor withoug an audited track record is selling Snake Oil.

Every attempt to deny it only shows they know it is trash.

#67     Oct 8, 2008