What Do You Want In A Trading Room

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by bthomas, Jul 30, 2008.

1. The OP implied that this will not be a signal calling buy now/sell now type chat room.

Thus, an audit firm, collective2 or the likes are not needed considering it's just going to be a real-time education room about using market profile (a good guess).

Yet, he did say the following...

How can trades be talked about in advance without them stating to buy or sell at a particular price. :confused:

Can anyone help me understand the above?

By the way, I'm not trying to put fuel on the usual debates about stuff like what I've seen the last few pages...

I've done several polls in the past (probably about 300 participants each poll) about signal calling rooms (fee-based or free) when there's a head trader.

I'll be general considering it's info that's a few years old:

* Most traders do not ask for an audit trading record.

* Most traders are satisfied via monitoring the results of real-time trades being posted.

Signal calling services know this and exploit such.

* Most traders that use signal calling rooms to be told when to buy and when to sell...

They are traders with less than 1 year of trading experience.

Thus, they are newbie traders.

* Most signal calling vendors have told their clients if they were using a simulator, real money or not even have a broker platform open when asked about such.

Some (not many) signal calling vendors, as documented here at ET will lie and tell their clients they took the trades with real money when in fact it was a simulator or no trading platform.

I said some and not most.

I know only a few signal calling trading rooms (fee-based and free) that have shown some form of verification that they are the real deal (profitable trader)...

Yet, most clients still were not profitable using the trading room for reasons already discussed in this thread by austinp.

All are no longer in the signal calling business and traders did not FLOCK to them when verification was shown...

Grand promises and spam mass marketing is what attracts clients.

Those no longer in the signal calling vendor business that were real traders...

They didn't spam nor did they make any promises.

P.S. There are 6 vendors in this thread and 3 of them are arguing with each other. :(

Can't we, can't we all just get along with each other (Rodney King sarcasm). :cool:

Mark

#51     Aug 5, 2008
  2. <i>"P.S. There are 6 vendors in this thread and 3 of them are arguing with each other."</i>

There are? Do you honestly consider rcan's (I'm sorry, old ET alias still stuck in my mind) $250.000.00 sale of his unaudited, unverified by any third-party proof trading system a legitimate sales offer? Isn't it ironic that the loudest critic of anyone who doesn't prove documented results thru five different third-party verifications offered to sell an unproven mechanical system for one quarter million $$$?

One more example of how = why this forum is nothing more than an informal watering hole. Period.

For the record, there are emini trading rooms with posted, documented, chronicled trades called and taken. With the understanding that so many aspiring clients are waiting in line for such services, I would assume all of them are over-subscribed by now.

There, that was easy enough for them to attract and retain 10,000 paying clients each.

From what I gather, the OP has an educational style format in mind. Talking thru price movement in real time, how to anticipate and interpret, etc. Perhaps how to use their tools. I don't think he meant to steer towards the "long ES 1268.25 = stop 66.25 = profit objective 74.25" format. But I guess I could be wrong. Been there before (laugh).

I've spent more time in this thread than I ever should have to begin with. Talking to someone who refutes technical analysis as pure gibberish and denies profitable trading is even possible is one thing. Doing so in a forum ostensibly for traders AND being told he spent 20+ years researching the subject to which he denounces is akin to me spending the rest of my life searching for Sasquatch, all the while touting the creature is a hoax to any sorry sap that will pause to hear me rant.

(wiping the dust from my sandals)

#52     Aug 5, 2008
    #53     Aug 5, 2008
  4. <i>"anyone who would be interested in the "$250K system" was informed they would be given thorough proof But of course, you conveniently forgot this.

Anything else stupid to say? Not that I care, you just went onto the ignore list with everyone who thinks his opinion is more critical than proof."</i>

Yes, one more thing. Let's see your proof. You of all people in here who makes two out of three posts asking for verified proof before anything is believable in your mind. On the basis of your very own merit for standards, what you offered for sale at $250,000.00 USD is utter, blatant crap without verifiable proof.

Like you always espouse about others, what's the harm in posting verifiable evidence right here in public? That is exactly what you demand from others in big, bold obnoxious type with all caps locked.

There's no need to be coy, rcan. Post your proof and eager buyers will line up to snatch their copies like hotcakes. Heck, I might be first in line myself.

This sorry place has suffered thru your loser talk for way too long. Now walk your talk like a man, or go get another alias to bitch behind.

#54     Aug 5, 2008
  5. Well said now watch him run away or get a new handle ( I hate multihandle wankers)

#55     Aug 6, 2008
  6. Wow, talk about a quality post.

Well, I hope you have your answer bthomas, at least in part.

#56     Aug 6, 2008
  7. My understanding is that his name is Ross and he already tried to post some systems on C2 and always failed. Also, he is such a pain in the ass, that he was set on ignore by most people, so he now comes here to bitch. Not that anyone is stupid enough to give him $ 250,000.

As to what I want in your trading room for me to consider signing up, and maybe you already have it.

1) Some education for any of us who are just joining the room.

2) Answer our questions in the room about using the software or about how the trade is setup.

3) I don't need you to call every trade, I am not looking for a green light / red light service, but I do need you to call some trades in real time so that I can make sure I understand that my analysis of what is happening by reading the charts is the same as yours.

4) I would also like you to look at say a trade that I think is good based on your charts and let me know what you think of it.

5) I currently do trade real money and have for awhile, but I do want to learn new systems or ways at looking at the market.

Maybe you can respond to what I have stated above, and let me know if what I want is possible.

#57     Aug 9, 2008
  8. :D :D :D This is so funny. The OP hasn't made a single post after the initial. And you guys are spending an eternity of time arguing over what seems to be simply an advertising campaign for TradeMaven's business.

#58     Aug 9, 2008
  9. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

There are a couple of places that do, (did) provide this type of service in a room. Excellent post.

#59     Aug 9, 2008
  10. I'm not so sure it is an ad campaign. TM has created its own forum topic--MP--so what they sell is no surprise.

I think the dealbreaker is calling trades, and since that was the single most requested thing, the OP said fcuck it.

#60     Aug 9, 2008