what do you want ? dreams, hopes desires of traders

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by marketsurfer, Sep 28, 2002.

1. That has to be one of the most ridiculous comments I have seen so far on these boards. Sure the object of the project is to make some cheese, but to say that is the "only" one that exists or ever could -- flirts with the borderlines of sheer stupidity. Life is more than just what your two hands can grab and for some so is this game.

You really think the greatest traders to ever play this game viewed it as nothing more than a financial exercise?

Commisso

#11     Sep 28, 2002
  2. TSaimoto

TSaimoto Guest

What do I want:

Everything.

I think Goethe said something like, "When you seek nothing, that is when you gain everything."

#12     Sep 28, 2002
  3. jasper6

jasper6

Freedom.

#13     Sep 28, 2002
  4. so...when you seek everything, you get...?

#14     Sep 28, 2002
  5. A man who chases two rabbits catches none.

#15     Sep 28, 2002
  6. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by TSaimoto
    What do I want:

Everything.

I think Goethe said something like, "When you seek nothing, that is when you gain everything."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I guess homeless people, the lazy and those lacking any motivation have achieved the highest level possible. :)

#16     Sep 28, 2002
  7. Makr

Makr

When we speak of the false mind, this refers to the energy of the blood, which is personal and subjective.

#17     Sep 28, 2002
  8. ....word to live by....

{WTF?!?!?}

#18     Sep 29, 2002
  9. Personally, I don't think it matters if you sit there humble with incents burning while trading spoos in a quest to discover the ever-essence of humanity or you are sitting their half naked in your robe screaming, "SHOW ME THE MONEY! I WANT IT ALL YOU (*$*%)$*#$!"

If I chase 20 rabbits, I'm bound to catch at least one or two.

#19     Sep 29, 2002
  10. Lennie from 'Mice and Men' was into rabbits and look what happened to him.

Runningbear

#20     Sep 29, 2002