What do you want? Do you know?

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by NoMoreOptions, Jan 21, 2004.

1. I think you can do all of these at the same time if you keep your trader job . As a DA , banging around, I do not know if it would be a good idea . Career wise i mean..
    hombre

#11     Jan 21, 2004
  2. maxpi

maxpi

Start by pretending you are at the end of your own life and think about what you would like to see looking back.

Max

#12     Jan 21, 2004
  3. cdbern

cdbern

maxpi.... very true, hence my signature

#13     Jan 21, 2004
  4. simsim

simsim

You have raised a concern that is quite difficult to answer or very easy to answer.

Keep in mind money is grease of you hand, comes and goes. one day one is are soo poor that he can not buy a bus ticket , and the time comes he can buy the whole fleet. Yes I have seen poverty in countries like US also, where at pathmark an old person is trying to buy one apple, one banna, cheapest bread. I could tell by the way that person was paying that he is having difficult times ( but wasnt a begger as some one else tried to help and she refused plainly, I was astonished to watch such sceens again and again in this country)

Now come to your point of concern.

Have you ever planted a tree and then see it bearing fruit?.

Just imagine the joy that you will get.

Have u lighted candle and then some one else comes and lights his candle from yours and then the chain reaction starts and u see candles lighted every where and u know that your are the source of all these candles.

make money as much u can, that is your duty, but for the purpose light a candle (help some one). Dont just go and give to a charity org to help them pay their big salaries.

u will find the purpose of your life.

#14     Jan 21, 2004
  5. That's the question everybody trying to escape. That's why people become workaholic, build a career, make money, make a lot of money, make children, make even more children, chase women, travel the world, make friends, make enemies, become politicians, become heroes, start wars, become criminals etc...
    People will do anything to escape these questions. Who are you? Why are you here? What do you really, really want?
    Well, to start answering these questions, look inside. Can you still entertain yourself? I mean with enough money in your pocket you can buy whatever you want. Friends, enemies, women, toys, cars, houses, yachts, power etc…

Will it satisfy you?

If the answer is yes, you are lucky, brother. It means you can still play around. Your goal is determined. Be a decent person, make a lot of money, pay your taxes, help others to pay their taxes, plant a tree, make some babies, make your wife happy or make yourself happy by surrounding yourself with hot babes… To make a long story short…live a normal life…Grub more and more, remember you have unlimited amount of money, respect, power. Become better, stronger, faster…

Well enough already, you got the picture.

Here comes the scary part. What if all of the above doesn’t make you happy anymore? In that case we have two answers. One, it means you are dead. Yes it happens. I see many people who eat, sleep, work, f$ck, and yet they are dead.

But what if you are still alive?...

to be continued…

#15     Jan 21, 2004
  6. Burp:eek:

This some kind of Christmas list?

No list for me. Got what I like. Everything else is just impertinent, superflouous, frivolous,etc...

I could use some 70 degree days to work on my golf game.....

-twism

#16     Jan 21, 2004