What do you value most in a Trading Chatroom?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by KCalhoun, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello Tradex,

I only think about the winning side of the making money equation when it comes to trading.

I do not care about risk or drawdown, I want to make a lot of money quickly. I don't trade futures for little money. Risking 1% is just not worth my time I have allocated for my trading business.

I know the goes against the standard rules of trading money and risk management, but I want to make a lot of money quickly per day. I'm very comfortable risking 10 to even 20% of my trading capital per trade. Very comfortable. 10 to 30 contracts a lick.

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    #31     May 8, 2021
  2. Tradex

Tradex

You should my friend, 90% of trading is about managing risk (stop and position sizing), timing represents only 10% of the equation.

Betting big is fine, as long as you are betting with your profits, and your profits only.

#32     May 8, 2021
    comagnum, SimpleMeLike and KCalhoun like this.
  3. Yes sir Tradex,

I respect your comments. I just want to add, that it comes to a point in this trading game/business you have to believe in yourself and your skills and balance this risk and reward.

I am starting to believe that confidence/skills/education equal Edge from a discretionary trading point of view.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
    #33     May 9, 2021
    comagnum and Tradex like this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

The idea of betting with profits is counter to the idea of managing risk. There's no such thing as "house's money." It's all your money as you can always cash in your chips.

#34     May 9, 2021
  5. Tradex

Tradex

Not at all, you are simply adding to winning positions, the risk (in percentage) does not change.

#35     May 9, 2021
    SimpleMeLike and qlai like this.
  6. I agree Tradex,

I think the issues traders have when thinking about the 1-2% Risk/Money Management Rules, they do not think long term and plan the possible goals. For example, a trader with a $15K account, trading the ES future market, who average loss per trade of $300, limits the trader to 1 contract per trade. That trader can not excel to 2 contracts per trade, until account balance is $30K. They do not realize that that 1-2% is there protection against themselves and profits will eventually go higher, once they earn the right to scale contract size higher.

It is a long term planning that needs to take places before beginning the trading journey, cause they will be many many distractions along the way trying to put trader in 100 rabbit holes chasing.

#36     May 9, 2021
    Tradex likes this.
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Adding to a position because your conviction increases as it earns is one thing. Betting bigger because you are “trading with profits” is another.

it should be obvious what the difference is.

#37     May 9, 2021
  8. Tradex

Tradex

There is no "conviction" or subjectivity involved here, we add to a position only if the backtest reveals that it is profitable to do so.

It should be obvious that we cannot bet big with our losses.

Anyway.

#38     May 9, 2021
  9. Tradex

Tradex

Exactly Sir, you nailed it perfectly! :thumbsup:

#39     May 9, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  10. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

conviction is your confidence in your trade, whether that comes from a quantitative signal, looking at squiggley lines, or reading 10k’s.

Are you saying you scale up a position just because it is making money?

#40     May 9, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.