What do you value most in a Trading Chatroom?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by KCalhoun, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

You've all made excellent points, good discussion.

A few themes:
    • Traders/subscribers: what are their goals for being in the room? Alerts only, education and training, teamwork or....? What experience and skill level trader benefits most from room a vs b?
    • What should the role of the facilitator or leader be? A "copy my ideas" (bad imo) or "learn how to trade these realtime setups, explained " (best) approach
    • To Baron's points, I agree. Having competent traders in a team approach is smart. Being dependent on a guru, not. Re-read his post, it's on target.
    Overall in training thousands of traders over two decades, I have found that the vast majority of them have no business even thinking about trading live capital because they are not trained anywhere near the level they need to be at. Not patient.

So I run my room like a workshop/seminar format with detailed training and fully explained alerts, to help traders build skill vs blindly follow alerts.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    #21     May 2, 2021
  2. tayte

tayte

wow, so many here think this was meant to be a serious question. The MOST IMPORTANT part of any trading channel, is the entertainment value of watching subscribers cry in pain, still unaware that they've been scammed.

#22     May 2, 2021
    SimpleMeLike and maxinger like this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

right.

its greatest value is the entertainment value.

It is fun to see how amateur traders behave as experienced professional traders.

#23     May 2, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  4. Jack1960

Jack1960

Teaching an edge

#24     May 2, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. For me, it is the cooperation and activeness of people. I feel it's better to discuss about a certain trade so that others can learn from that instead of manipulating and hiding things.

#25     May 7, 2021
  6. tonyf

tonyf

@KCalhoun I am after a protrader chatroom. Are there any besides Bloomberg chat?

#26     May 8, 2021
  7. 777

If your trades have a disadvantage and you make enough of them, you will lose your capital.

The great majority of day traders have a disadvantage on the great majority of their trades because they face stronger and faster competition (mostly algos), slippage, fees, and sometimes an informal disadvantage.

#27     May 8, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. qlai

qlai

You can look at it in a different way as well. Day traders have advantage of choosing when to trade and when not to because they don’t have big fixed costs to overcome. The relatively small share sizes allows for good enough execution. I don’t think of myself as competing against algos, but rather either joining them or stepping aside. There are pros and cons to every approach.

#28     May 8, 2021
    KCalhoun and SimpleMeLike like this.
  9. Hello Tradex,

I personally think me risking 7 to 10% of my trading capital per trade has better advantages then 1 or 2%.

#29     May 8, 2021
  10. Tradex

Tradex

Hi SimpleMeLike,

Risking 10% of your capital per trade is extremely risky, just 5 losing trades in a row will be enough to produce a huge 50% drawdown.

#30     May 8, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.