What do you value most in a Trading Chatroom?

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by KCalhoun, May 1, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Girls

#11     May 2, 2021
    DiceAreCast likes this.
  2. GotherL

GotherL

Your personality & the energy you give off is what draws people's attention. Doesn't matter if your alerts are worth a million dollars if you got the charisma of a damp towel. Unfair, but that's just how things work.

Get a few members now & then who tell me my alerts are very useful, even brilliant. But due to my own negativity & lack of professionalism and construction of my sentences. (Grammar is quite bad.) It just doesn't attract many paid members.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    #12     May 2, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  3. ajacobson

ajacobson

Balance and brevity.

#13     May 2, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  4. I pay enough trading related expenses already, without joining a paid chat room. PLus, I seldom have time to participate in one. I am either busy trading or busy doing something else that i got to do.

#14     May 2, 2021
  5. Since most traders lose money, there is no value in a chat room, unless you want to join them in losing. Price is ALL that matters.

#15     May 2, 2021
  6. traider

traider

Price action makes you billions. Why bother with HFT infra or broker research

#16     May 2, 2021
  7. qlai

qlai

Lol. Go try to get funded with your PA vs HFT system and find out which is valuable to pros.

#17     May 2, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  8. speedo

speedo

I've participated in a number of trading rooms through the years, in the early years paid subscriptions and later, small groups of like minded and compatible traders where ideas are traded and comradie enjoyed Some of the paid rooms provided some value and others little or none, but how is a beginner to know the difference?

Anyone wanting to find a paid moderated room simply to be fed signals will never develop into a professional trader. For a room to have value, it has to teach WHY a signal is a signal and that requires a steep learning curve. The subscriber still has to do the considerable research, observation and testing, without which, development is not going to happen regardless of the competence/profitability of the moderator.

#18     May 2, 2021
  9. Snuskpelle

Snuskpelle

I've basically always assumed paid 'rooms' are ran by someone without edge, scams, P&D, etc. Of course I am open to the idea that something with real value isn't free, but how would anyone discern that from the outside beyond studying the prospective value adder (e.g. on ET) for a long time to get a sense for whether they are legit. If a distinctly profitable trader had a room, they would really have to put a steep price tag on it for it even to be worth their time, UNLESS it is contributing to their alpha (basically, a pump).

#19     May 2, 2021
    KCalhoun likes this.
  10. qlai

qlai

There’s a lot of waiting in trading, right? Mentoring someone takes a lot of time and effort and it’s too personal. Running online chat room I don’t think is that much of a distraction. Attending one is the next best thing to being in a prop firm and trading side by side with profitable traders.

#20     May 2, 2021
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.