What do you think of TradersStudio?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraderSystem, Dec 13, 2007.

What do you think of TradersStudio?

1. Own TradersStudio

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I am on the fence, thinking about it but have not decided yet

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Looked at TradersStudio but am waiting for real time product

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I cannot believe TradersStudio can do what they claim they can do, must be a lie

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Looked at it and decided against it

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. What is TradersStudio?

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Synonym

Synonym

Thanks for the info SuperCruz.

Syn

#81     Nov 24, 2008
  2. Welcome, Synonym :)

#82     Nov 26, 2008
  3. Thanks for the answer, droskill. :)

So, as per you and fundjunkie, Amibroker and Tradersstudio are good products. Which one shall be better for me, I do trading at end of day? Also the cost difference is not an issue; as I want to learn one product and be able to use it as I grow.

#83     Dec 5, 2008
  4. I think you have to figure out which program, from my list, or any other, "talks" to you. I'd start by downloading a trial of AB and see what you think. If that doesn't work for you, then move on....

#84     Dec 5, 2008
  5. I agree with droskill but would add that you appear programming averse (am i right or thinking of someone else who's posted here?). Given that, AmiBroker is probably not the best choice for you. As I understand it, because I am not a user, it is capable but requires extensive programming to capitalize on.

Tradersstudio does have a programming wizard aimed at the code averse. I can't comment on it's usefulness as I've never bothered using it.

Thx
    D

#85     Dec 5, 2008
  6. Synonym

Synonym

I'm seriously considering buying TStudio.

TStudio is not a RT product but supports the use of intraday data in it's backtesting. There's a real lack of data providers listed on the TStudio site.

I'm relatively new to data management and so I'd really like to know either from Murray what data feed set ups are possible and from TStudio users what data set ups they are using.

CSI provide EOD data only, i.e. the smallest interval they support is daily. This is less than ideal, i'd want my tests based on intrday data. What intraday data solution(s) for US stocks and futures do Murray and others recommend? I'd also like to know if the stock data solution support data that can be adjusted for splits and divs.

I truely hope there is at least one simple, stable and good value solution...
    Syn

#86     Dec 5, 2008
  7. Synonym

Synonym

In addition it would be good to know how easy data feed suggestions are to manage. Is it easy to import lists of lots of stocks, group them by sector etc?

Syn

#87     Dec 5, 2008

8. Thanks to you both. Well, I must say that I am no programming fan, though I can learn to do it. But, would like to have something easy to work on, before doing programming.

So, TradersStudio has a programming wizard, please explain. Does it help to write programs?

#88     Dec 10, 2008
  9. Derrick1983, this wizard is for people who are not good in programming or do not want to do it. You can create programs by simple "drag and drop" feature. It has templates where you can make programs, and even macros.

#89     Dec 27, 2008
  10. Thanks for the reply, TraderSystem. That wizard sounds good. :)

#90     Dec 29, 2008