What do you think of TradersStudio?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraderSystem, Dec 13, 2007.

What do you think of TradersStudio?

1. Own TradersStudio

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I am on the fence, thinking about it but have not decided yet

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Looked at TradersStudio but am waiting for real time product

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I cannot believe TradersStudio can do what they claim they can do, must be a lie

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Looked at it and decided against it

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. What is TradersStudio?

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Gyles

Gyles

Derrick1983, some points to note regarding the above, is as follows:

1. TradersStudio's Portfiolo with custom reports is about even with Trading Blox.
    2. TradersStudio's Money management is even with Trading Blox.
    3. TradersStudio price is $500.00 versus $3000.00 of Trading Blox for a compariable version of bloxs.

As a matter of fact, if you wish to use TradeStation instead of Trading Blox, you shall require the "Rina tools" (links given below). However, please note that here you are talking about $7500.00 plus Tradestation to produce the compariable features.

Links for TradeStation:
    - http://www.tradestationtechnologies.com/TSSoftware/index.shtm
    - http://www.omegaresearch.com/default_2.shtm

Links for Rina:
    - http://www.rinafinancial.com/
    - http://www.rinasystems.com/

#71     Oct 29, 2008
  2. #72     Oct 30, 2008
  3. Hi,
    Like some of the others who've posted here I use Tradersstudio and have done for some time now. Like you I was advised and inclined towards Trading Blox initially and i still regard it as a quality product.

But is it "quality enough" given it's price tag? I think the answer is a definite no. It doesn't offer enough relative to the competition to justify the price.

Tradersstudio, on the other hand, can do pretty much everything that Trading Blox can do while also being close to releasing a real-time version - I have recently received a beta release with greyed out options relating to a real-time data server which is still under development. For me that is highly significant, that the development roadmap for Traderstudio, based upon what I know, appears more ambitious (and therefore useful) than that of Trading Blox while being a hell of a lot cheaper.

Then again, if i was trading large volume then Trading Blox, for the incremental advantage it offers, may be worthwhile. But as I understand it there are plenty of pros out there who don't see it that way and happily use Tradersstudio because it's very good at what it does.

Thx
    D

#73     Oct 30, 2008
  4. Murray - any update on when the next version (real-time or not) will be out? I've been hearing about a v2.6 but haven't seen any announcements on the website.

Thanks!

#74     Oct 30, 2008

5. Thanks for the answer, fundjunkie. So, does that mean TradersStudio can do all this at such a low price? How come? From the posts, it looks good for small traders and also for EOD traders, what do you say?

#75     Nov 9, 2008
  6. Trading Blox stands out amongst EOD products that I know of with it's pricing. Most of the functinality it bases that price upon is relatively commodotized. Given that I would say tradersstudio's pricing is more realistic though it is, and i expect will be, rising as time passes.

Trading Blox does have an edge in what it can do, and how it does it, but that edge is incremental. I believe that Tradersstudio also has a similar edge over much of the rest of the field. It can do everything that Trading Blox does but, as I understand it, Trading Blox's implementation is a little more complete and broad based (it's been around longer).

I tend to talk about Trading Blox and Tradersstudio in tandem because they're fundamentally the same and sit towards the quality end of the product spectrum. But on a price/performance basis Tradersstudio is clearly ahead. I would suspect that many TB users who bought it for specific reasons where price wasn't a factor may well agree with that statement.

IMO, they're the benchmark products for individuals like us.

Thx
    D

#76     Nov 10, 2008
  7. I agree completely with what fundjunkie has already posted. I've spent time with TradingBlox - it is an excellent product, but not worth the extra dollars over Tradersstudio imho. But that is not to say that people that are using it have wasted their money - it's definitely one of two best-of-breed tools.

Another bargain I think is also worth mentioning is Amibroker. For $149 or whatever the EOD version costs, it's a great tool. I use AB to prototype systems before moving them over to TS.

#77     Nov 10, 2008
  8. Synonym

Synonym

TradersStudio looks very interesting. I was wondering what data providers do TS user use? I understand taht it can use ASCII files.

I'm new to the area of ASCII files. Are they easy to use? I don't want to have much maintenance, particularly when working with a lot of symbols.

Syn

#78     Nov 10, 2008

9. Thanks for the answer, fundjunkie, a good and well-explained one :)

#79     Nov 14, 2008
  10. I can only answer the ASCII part. ASCII files are easy to use and handle, as they are simple plain text files where values are separated by commas, they can be imported to Ms-Excel files. I thin most data sets are in the form of plain text, in fact .CSV files of Ms-Excel are plain text files. Regarding TradersStudio, users need to answer this.

#80     Nov 22, 2008