What do you think of TradersStudio?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraderSystem, Dec 13, 2007.

What do you think of TradersStudio?

1. Own TradersStudio

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I am on the fence, thinking about it but have not decided yet

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Looked at TradersStudio but am waiting for real time product

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I cannot believe TradersStudio can do what they claim they can do, must be a lie

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Looked at it and decided against it

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. What is TradersStudio?

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Humpy

Humpy

Just had a look at website

I think the forum gives a good indication of activity BUT
    This forum looks very weak with hardly any replies.
    The latest one being by somebody called synchro called "Just ordered now what " that was dated 28 th April !! and still no reply ??

#41     May 13, 2008
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

He was answered by E-mail. The question was not really for the forum. In terms of our Forum the main problem is that I am always up on ET so , people ask questions here and not on our forum. I use ET for marketing. We have built a good community of people who are on ET so I really can't stop posting here, but posting here means our forums have a low number of posts.

#42     May 13, 2008
  3. hausse

hausse

Hi,

do you have a support forum similar to what TradingBlox has? The forum is for customers only and has become a highly useful resource over time. A specific place where support questions and answers can be found, also users helping users, without off-topic chatter.

#43     May 13, 2008
  4. byculla

byculla

Wonder why PnF or Range bars are ignored in TS or TB. Would be nice to run indicators or systems against these other methods of data representation and view the outcome. At present it seems that Updata is the only platform upon which such test could be performed.

Murray, maybe you could consider implementing this in TS and thus diffrentiate your product from TB rather that being a me too but cheaper product as at present.

#44     May 14, 2008
  5. SH_DW

SH_DW

..TradeStation.. nothing else compares!

As an engineer I create ALL custom tools for reading the bar charts mathematically.. then convert them into algorithms.. I can combine any combination of indicators +time frames on a single chart.

It is quite spectacular if you give it try.. don't believe the naysayers.. I have used this SW for 6-7 yrs now.. I still don't use everything that can possibly be done, yet my system is very profitable +versatile.

Mh :cool:

#45     May 14, 2008
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

Well , TradersStudio is not a me too but cheaper product. It's more like me first. I was the first to have the advance stock analysis they have as well as some other features.

Our charts are better than Trading Bloxs. Our charting is closer to standard charting packages and we also offer a charting mode which does not require backtesting. In addition our addin interface is on par with Excel , they don't have a strong addin interface. This is one reason we now have many addins with many more being released this summer.

I decided on my price point because I wanted to build a larger user base and community.

In terms of volume bars , it is something on our list. We add features based on our customers input. The only thing is we have other things on our list for the version we have coming out in about a month.

#46     May 14, 2008
  7. byculla

byculla

So, Murray will you be implementing PnF studies Range bars some time soon. You mentioned volume bars in your reply.

Murray, you are one of the very, very few who actively reply to queries of your product. Thanks.

Financial Data Calculator seems to play around with PnF. Guess I will have to investigate that product.

#47     May 14, 2008
  8. This is an interesting post and indicative of two camps of people who seem to often chime in when discussing system development platforms:

- Group 1: People interested in developing automated trading strategies. They are rightly interested in Tradersstudio to support that endeavour as that is what it does.
    - Group 2: People who want a charting package or think Traderstudio is, or should be, a charting package; or that a main criteria upon which to judge it is it's charting ability.

Now, as a systematic trader I am not interested in charts other than that they should support the analysis of systems and markets under test. And anyone operating under the delusion that tradersstudio is a charting package needs to wake up now. It is certainly not as mundane or low-brow as that!

Of course, many users are not so comfortable as some in accepting that charting is not integral to system development and therefore to the featureset of any backtesting platform. And so, they demand some decent charting capability, which I believe Tradersstudio provides. I say "I believe" because I don't use it other than to plot an indicator to see how it tracks the market. If anyone can explain to me how charting features matter in developing robust trading systems, I'm all ears;)

Given that, one could be forgiven for wondering what is the relevance of PnF charting to all this. I would say there is none...it is unnecessary and indeed potentially dangerous. Therefore, should / will Tradersstudio implement this type of feature? Who knows, but I certainly hope not.

What would be far more useful, and I have communicated this to the company directly is better support for, and charting of, enriched statistical (or otherwise) analysis of system behaviour and performance. The raw framework, allowing user control, is there already but I believe, based on feedback, that the company is working on implementing this during the next and other upcoming releases.

Those are features that matter. PnF charting is just noise, IMO.

Thx,
    D

#48     May 17, 2008
  9. Humpy

Humpy

Hi,
    Has your system got an inbuilt neural network system ? The latest buzz seems to be PnF that is scanned by neural networks.

#49     May 18, 2008
  10. This software has no chance to make big bucks until it is in real-time. When it is running in real-time and people can combine their research with good and fast order generation (does not have to be autoexecuting ) then and only then it will take off. It should at least function like a super fast TS2000i and should be able to fully use quad core etc technology. The biggest challenge will be a very good and fast server.... good luck. I will be beta testing the real-time version for sure.

#50     May 18, 2008