What do you think of TradersStudio?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraderSystem, Dec 13, 2007.

What do you think of TradersStudio?

1. Own TradersStudio

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I am on the fence, thinking about it but have not decided yet

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Looked at TradersStudio but am waiting for real time product

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I cannot believe TradersStudio can do what they claim they can do, must be a lie

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Looked at it and decided against it

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. What is TradersStudio?

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Shagi

Shagi

The futures brokerage business for Tradestation is for kids - no GTC orders allowed positions//

#11     Dec 28, 2007
  2. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

You can give your input to technical support. They are then normally passed on to me if support thinks the ideas are good. I try to add new features based on customer input in every release of TradersStudio. How we decide them is based on how many users want similar features as well as how much work it is to add them.

You don't need to wait for the next version. If you purchase now you will get one year of free upgrades along with your version.

#12     Dec 30, 2007
  3. Thanks, Murray I have purchased the TradersStudio. I am really excited as I have got a good bargain and a nice software in the New Year 2008. A nice way to start the New Year 2008! :) :D

I shall be going through it and shall give comments from time to time.

#13     Jan 8, 2008
  4. Where are your comments, TraderSystem? Was it worth the purchase?

#14     Feb 6, 2008
  5. I have been a TradersStudio user since December 2006. It has done everything that I have wanted as a trading platform and then some. I spend a lot of my time developing systems and back-testing them. Some of them work -- some don't, but I have a great tool to use in the process that didn't break the bank.

TradersStudio technical support has always been helpful and easy to reach. If they are not available, they return calls quickly unlike some of the other vendors!

All in all, I would say that my purchase was well worth the money.

Regards

#15     Feb 7, 2008
  6. Hi Murray,

I am a current TradeStation user and I am considering switching over to your product. I have a question:

Do you support automated execution to Interactive Brokers? I don't want to spend the time writing code to do this and I don't want to purchase a program like TradeBullet to link TradeStation directly to IB.

My primary reason for wanting to find another product - TradeStaion will NOT negotiate commissions with me and at this time, IB being at .0035/share versus TradeStation's .01/.005 per share will easily justify the cost of your product.

Do you have a packaged solution for my needs? If so, and the cost is reasonable I will switch. Also, I know several traders that are looking for a solution like this, implementing it might attract a substantial customer base.

Just a suggestion.

Regards,
    Mike

#16     Feb 7, 2008
  7. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We currently are an offline , end of day with intra-day backtesting product. We have a real timeversion in beta. We also have a addin for placing trades from end of day data, including ones you can enter off of tomorrow open from the current version of TradersStudio. This addin should be shipping this spring. This addin will be for IB.

#17     Feb 7, 2008
  8. Well SuperCruz, you seem to be the only person who gave his/her view regarding TradersStudio, so I am just plain curious to know of your opinion at this point? Please tell, if you can and do not mind, thanks.

#18     Mar 6, 2008
  9. Well, JaiSreeram, I almost forgot that quote of mine. Now, my views have changed which is “sitting at the fence”.

Maybe, at that point of time I was skeptical as anyone might be. See for yourself, you are offered two products A & B (both similar in functionality), however “B” cost is just one-third of “A”. Hence, the first thought that crossed my mind was, "it must be a fraud or a scam". However, with the positive reviews and viewpoints, things have changed.

I might buy soon, as at the moment great offers of the TradersStudio are going on as seen below:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=118402&perpage=6&pagenumber=4

#19     Mar 24, 2008
  10. We have seen across many threads, that Mr. Murray seems to be the main person for answering the queries relating to TradersStudio. Some people have even mentioned that TradersStudio is good as it is developed by traders. Hence, does that mean that there are no programmers directly involved in this? Can someone clarify as to how it came up and who is responsible for the same?

Have heard about others platforms background and the latest in the news was the unfortunate one of Curtis of Trading Blox to have been banned for going against the contract. However, that is another issue. The main issue is why and how TradersStudio has developed as it is?

The plus and minus points have been reviewed, let us see the motive and the person behind this.

#20     Mar 26, 2008