What do you think of TradersStudio?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraderSystem, Dec 13, 2007.

What do you think of TradersStudio?

1. Own TradersStudio

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I am on the fence, thinking about it but have not decided yet

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Looked at TradersStudio but am waiting for real time product

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I cannot believe TradersStudio can do what they claim they can do, must be a lie

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Looked at it and decided against it

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. What is TradersStudio?

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. Welcome Derrick1983. :)

Wishing "Happy New Year, 2009!" to you all :D

#91     Dec 31, 2008
  2. Hi all and Happy New Year !
    I bought TradersStudio some days ago. It has its pros and cons but I am very satisfied. Anyway to use it at its fullest potential, it is necessary to learn all its multiple features and, of course, its programming language. Therefore we have decided to set up a special user group for TraderStudio owner as well as for those who do not have it yet but are interested in knowing what can and can not do. The purpose is to have a place where users can exchange programming tips & tricks, helping each other - you will NOT be asked to reveal your strategies - our focus is how to best program the software and use all of its features.
    The user group is a Yahoo group. Nothing to pay. You can enroll here, clicking on "join this group" :
    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/TradersStudio/

You will receive all messages directly in your inbox. If you want you can opt for a daily digest: all messages for a day contained in a single email. Easy and efficient.

We will also keep an archive of all the messages, an easy reference for future use, just in case you forgot something !
    :D

Of course, Murray Ruggiero is more than welcome !

#92     Jan 2, 2009
  3. samuel_weber_74, that yahoo group is wonderful. Thanks for the same. :) It will surely help us out.

Happy New year to you too! :D

#93     Jan 7, 2009
  4. Trader:
    samuel_weber_74, that is wonderful and thanks a lot for the same. It shall help a lot. Three Cheers! :) :D
    Thanks for the greeting. Same to you, samuel_weber_74! :)

#94     Jan 7, 2009
  5. I am glad you like the idea. I simply took inspiration from the forums dedicated to Trade Station. So, let's post ! :D
    Murray deserves success for this fine product and I hope that, as more people buy it, the number of our members will grow steadily.

#95     Jan 7, 2009
  6. Yes, I agree with you, samuel_weber_74. :) :D

#96     Jan 13, 2009
  7. We have seen across many threads, that Mr. Murray seems to be the main person for answering the queries relating to TradersStudio. Some people have even mentioned that TradersStudio is good as it is developed by traders. Regarding TradersStudio and Mr. Murray, its developer, a question comes up. Has Murray himself written any of the code of TradersStudio?

Have heard about other platforms background and the unfortunate news of Curtis of Trading Blox to have been banned for going against the contract. However, that is another issue. The main issue is why and how TradersStudio has developed as it is?

The plus and minus points have been reviewed, let us see the motive and the person behind this.

Any comments?

#97     Mar 3, 2009
  8. Is it really so important who wrote the software ??? I do not think so.
    The important thing is if they are serious people or not, whoever they are. The next release is important, instead. They know the problems, we will see if/how they will solve them.

#98     Mar 4, 2009

9. You may be right, samuel_weber_74, but, to do anything, one should have some knowledge of it. Like if to do trading, to know trading, or if to be make buildings, to know engineering and so on. Have heard that many software not only trading ones, even others like educational, attendance etc., are not successful as they not written from point of view of users. If person not know how attendance is done, can not write program correctly.

So, maybe SuperCruz wants to know more of the person behind TradersStudio. I must admit even at times I wonder if TradersStudio has so many features, then its cost looks very less as compared to others. How come? Why so? So far users are satisfied, may be few issues like manuals, documentation etc., but overall are happy.

Anyway, the question of SuperCruz is interesting, and many might want to know more.

#99     Mar 12, 2009
  10. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I began development of TradersStudio in 2002. TradeStation could not do what I needed to do for my trading system development research. It did not support portfiolo analysis. It also did not have built in money management. Rina was a option , a expensive one but it was not flexable and it's money management used a trade stream, that not ideal because money management strategy can effect trades, for example exiting position due to rebalancing.

In addition many other issues like , getting filled in TradeStation when you touch a limit order which is not always true. The difference between assume fills trading though a limit versus touching it can be huge in markets like the stock indexes.

Other issues like , developing stock trading system really did not work in TradeStation and no one could handle true money management with stocks because you had to use split adjusted data.

We developed the migration wizard for TradeStation code to help translate all the TradeStation code that I and my customers had.

I wrote about 50% of the orginal code, though version 1.3.6. Since then, I only do a little coding , most of the time for features I need for my research right then. I continue to manage the project with my team of programmers on a daily basis.

#100     Mar 13, 2009