What do you think of TradersStudio?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by TraderSystem, Dec 13, 2007.

What do you think of TradersStudio?

1. Own TradersStudio

25 vote(s)
    15.2%
  2. I am on the fence, thinking about it but have not decided yet

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  3. Looked at TradersStudio but am waiting for real time product

14 vote(s)
    8.5%
  4. I cannot believe TradersStudio can do what they claim they can do, must be a lie

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Looked at it and decided against it

28 vote(s)
    17.0%
  6. What is TradersStudio?

65 vote(s)
    39.4%
  1. How can TradersStudio be so good and do all this, when TradeStation can't with a 5 million dollar a year research budget? :p :D

2. Thank you for your active participation, looking at the results so far am plain curious as to why some people have not yet decided to buy the software "TradersStudio".

Also, those who are not aware of TradersStudio, please see the above links for some more information on the same. Its site is http://www.tradersstudio.com

3. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I developed TradersStudio in the beginning for my own research. We have spent well over $1,000,000 on the product over the past 6 years. Small companies are always more efficent because they can make decisions quickly and managment is hands on and understands issues involved.

Yes, TradersStudio has all these features because we designed them from the ground up while building the software. Problem is a larger software company can't afford to do that because they can't afford to start over because of the overhead involved and also the restrictions on upgrading which sometimes you have when you have a large user base.

4. 9999

Maybe because they're focused on other things?

5. I see your point, Mr.Murray. So this is the version 2.5. Are there any plans to keep improving the product and what type of new features are you adding?

6. Gyles

Gyles

7. Thank you Gyles for pointing that out. :)

Am repeating the post with the correct links:

From all that I have been reading on the threads like

a) http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=104393

b) http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=108534

It seems that between features and price TradersStudio should be very popular, but it looks like that the user base is small. Why is this so? I cannot find a reason as to why I should not buy it. Am I missing out something?

One more post was made with reference to the above:

Thank you for your active participation, looking at the results so far am plain curious as to why some people have not yet decided to buy the software "TradersStudio".

Also, those who are not aware of TradersStudio, please see the above correct links for some more information on the same. Its site is http://www.tradersstudio.com

8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

We are always improving TradersStudio. In fact we have another version 2.7 which will be a free upgrade for all people who purchased 2.5. Older customer who are on loyalty programmers will also get it for free. Loyalty programs are for older customers who have purchased 2.0 or earlier. There last free upgrade is 2.5.7, which cover some small changes since 2.5.5 was released.

This is not real time but we have added dozens of new functions and about a half a dozen new reports, for example we have added Daily and Quarterly breakdown reports and two different types of drawdown analysis reports. We have also added new chart types to help you analyze this information.

Remember TradersStudio is my research tool so I am always improving it. We also take customers input and add features which our customer have requested. That the difference with TradersStudio , our software is driven by the needs of real traders. We almost always are developing new versions with new features based on our customers input.

9. Thanks Mr. Murray for the answer. You had mentioned that your software is based on the customers’ inputs. So, how are your customers ideas selected to be added to the product?

Also, should I wait for the next version?

#10     Dec 28, 2007