What do you think of this trade.

Discussion in 'Options' started by peilthetraveler, May 26, 2009.

1. I bought some FAS Oct 7 puts. The decay factor should let me at least double my money if not triple, right?

2. gody3

gody3

I think you should buy a Beemer (or similar) tomorrow with those can't miss profits!

3. MTE

MTE

I'd say #1 spot on the next year's billionaires list is yours! Watch out Bill Gates!

4. spindr0

spindr0

I'm heading over to Home Depot right now to grab a wheelbarrow. Now where's my cane???

5. So you are saying it is good to have your long puts decay away to nothing over the next 5 months?

6. Decay factor is going to help with puts that you BOUGHT???

You only want to double your money? I know of an opportunity to make 50 times your money. If your interested let me know and Ill send you my nigerian friends contact details.

7. l2tradr

l2tradr

LOL...I think he's going for the decay factor in leveraged ETFs...

8. LOL! Yeah i guess i should've been more clear with that. The decay factor of the 3x leveraged ETF's FAS/FAZ i was talking about...not the decay factor of puts/calls.

9. What is the theta of your PUT?

10. heech

heech

I don't understand the argument that FAS and FAZ will actually go to zero.

It's not like FAS/FAZ point to a specific set of options. These guys are updated and re-hedged every day.

I seriously doubt there's an on-going "decay factor" that can be counted on.

#10     May 27, 2009